Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am a potential Elantra Sport owner. I have 16 months left on my 2015 GLI 6speed. I was a diehard VW fan since I bought my first one, a V6 5 speed Passat in '04. Since then, I've owned an '06 GLI, '03 GTI VR6, '02 A4 V6 6speed, '02 GTI 1.8t, '11 GTI. At 50 years old, my next car will be purchased and kept for at least 6 or 7 years.

I have test driven the Elantra Sport several times and it feels similar to my current GLI, with a MUCH better price. This car ticks off every possible feature I want. Mature looking, compact, turbo, runs on 87 octane, etc, Audiesque short front overhang etc.

After perusing Cargurus for this car, adnauseum, for about a year, I decided I want the Sport 6speed with the premium package. I know they are hard to find. I live in the northern Chicago burbs. A local dealership has 2 that are listed around 25K. I plan to put down about 10 grand and want to pay off the car in 2 years so I need to get the car for no more than 20K. I want to know who here has this specific model and what did you pay for it out the door?

Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
One of the local Hyundai dealerships in my area is running $2500 factory rebate + $1285 dealer discount (https://www.capitolhyundaisanjose.com) for a net cost of ~$21.4k.

I personally paid ~$21k out the door after tax+doc+license fees. I used USAA car buying service (truecar) and then negotiated from there. Note that I paid cash - no financing.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Eagles52,

I'm in the west burbs of Chicago. For the local dealership you're referring to, is that the price (25k) after dealer discounts and any other discounts? I ask because cargurus and cars.com sometimes don't have those discounts reflected like when you are looking at them on the actual dealership site inventory.

With that said the only one close-ish to you I found with seemingly good (potentially real good) pricing is at Ettleson in Countryside, IL (i've bought multiple cars from here, always had a good experience). 2018 M/T White Ceramic w/Premium Package, the sale price is listed at $19,973 with a red line through it, so I imagine if you click the "Ettleson Price" they may even get you a quote lower than that. I ended up getting mine (same exact specs actually) there at just under 21k OTD for a 2018 in November.

New 2018 Hyundai Elantra For Sale | Countryside IL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.