Elantra Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
^^^ As posted above, wheels changed. Happy with the fitment on these. If you want a true flush setup, 18x8 +45 will get you there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Kosei K4R + Riken Raptor 225/50ZR16. Unlike most people here, I went with 16" wheels and a taller sidewall to gain a more comfortable ride. This is a daily-driver commute car, so I opted to address the 95% of driving that is non-performance. As luck would have it, the tiny amount of additional play in steering input has been more than compensated for by the much stickier rubber, and the massive weight loss has given a noticeable improvement in acceleration. Living on southern California coast means summer tires are year-round. I like the look of the stock wheels, but I like these even more.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is a disappointing lack of GT Sport wheels. I was sorely disappointed in the stock GT Sport wheel. I like the sedan’s wheels much better. I’ll be looking for wheels and UHP summer tires (likely Nitto 555 G2) once the snow melts for the year.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
There is a disappointing lack of GT Sport wheels. I was sorely disappointed in the stock GT Sport wheel. I like the sedan’s wheels much better. I’ll be looking for wheels and UHP summer tires (likely Nitto 555 G2) once the snow melts for the year.
Sedan & Hatch fitment should be about the same.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sedan & Hatch fitment should be about the same.
You’re right, but if I’m going to spend the money on wheels and tires, I’m not going to buy the stock sedan wheels. My good friend, the GM at the Hyundai dealer next door to my Chevy store, offered to swap them when I bought and I strongly considered it.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
You’re right, but if I’m going to spend the money on wheels and tires, I’m not going to buy the stock sedan wheels. My good friend, the GM at the Hyundai dealer next door to my Chevy store, offered to swap them when I bought and I strongly considered it.
No I'm just saying whatever you buy the fitment is the same.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No I'm just saying whatever you buy the fitment is the same.
Yes that’s true.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice, RPF1's. However, dare I say, our car is one of a handful of cars they DON'T actually look very good on..? Or just me? Maybe it's just the colour.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There's a wheel out there for everyone. Sounds like yours isn't the RPF1 on this car. I quite like the way it looks and hope to take more pictures of it soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There's a wheel out there for everyone. Sounds like yours isn't the RPF1 on this car. I quite like the way it looks and hope to take more pictures of it soon.
I love the RPF1! Super light, affordable for what it is, looks good on 98% of cars. I really want a set, but you're right, it just doesn't do it for me on these cars :(. In black it may look a tonne better, or the alternate PF01 in black.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice, RPF1's. However, dare I say, our car is one of a handful of cars they DON'T actually look very good on..? Or just me? Maybe it's just the colour.
Get someone to paint them "grape-le":D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has anyone noticed any performance change by going up a size from 17x7 to a 18x8 wheel?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts