Elantra Sport Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Has anyone noticed any performance change by going up a size from 17x7 to a 18x8 wheel?
Depending on the wheel you go with, that might mean a heavier wheel which could degrade performance a bit. A wider wheel won't do anything without also adding a wider tire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
At the moment I'm lap3 tuned. I noticed a little quicker acceleration as these are lighter than stock. The whole wheel and tire weighs 41lbs each. The wheel only weighs 15.6lbs. I'm getting the lap3 turbo upgrade

·
Registered
1 Posts
That looks amazing. I’ve always wanted to get RPF1’s in 17x9 with a meaty tire like that. I wonder if I would have the same fitment with my Elantra gt sport.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OZ Racing Formula HLT 18x8 +45
Bridgestone Potenza RE003 235/45R18

The centre caps melted off the car (well, they warped from the heat on a track) so they've been removed for now

I need different wheels, probably wider and less offset, currently I'm running a 15mm spacer to clear the front brembos

·
Registered
90 Posts
Replaced the old stock tires 225/45/R17 Hankook Ventus Prime 2 to Bridgestone Potenza RE003 235/45/R17 ($608au).

I like the meaty/beefy/fat set up. Can go up to 245/45/R17 but it was out of my budget.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
This same tire is re-branded and sold as a Firestone Indy 500 here in the states and is what I am currently using. Great tire for the money.
I actually got the Motegi idea from you. I saw your wheels and found them at reasonable price here in Australia. I also saw another post from jml2321 running 17x9 with beefy Firestone Firehawks which got me to do the beefy set up too.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I actually got the Motegi idea from you. I saw your wheels and found them at reasonable price here in Australia. I also saw another post from jml2321 running 17x9 with beefy Firestone Firehawks which got me to do the beefy set up too.
Got rid of my Motegi's but actually might pick up another set soon to put some stickier tires on to use strictly for autocross.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My Wheels & Tires...

DAI Elegante 18 x 8 w/40mm Offset. Stock Tires Mounted.

Attachments

Reactions: XSOCRUZ

·
Registered
66 Posts
This thread is going to be invaluable for those who buy an ES '2019. The wheels that come with it......what were they thinking?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Stock tires. I'm actually selling these right now and switching to a 18x8 +45 Motegi Traklite with some 235 wide Falken RT615's.
I remember the Traklites on your car. Did you sell them off? They're still priced under $200 each and are the perfect offset for the Sport. Or are the Enkeis you're running better? I see a lot of Enkeis that also with the same 18x8 +45 that would look good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice wheels guys! On the east coast this car is not the greatest in the winter. So think of grabbing some wheels for the winter. What’s does everyone think of the 2019-2020 wheels? I like them which is shocking to me since I hate stock wheels. Only have 4K on the stock tires. New summer wheels with the stock tires and then some winter tires on the stock wheels?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts