Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ES, 6 speed, 34k, bone stock
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing more aftermarket stuff for the GT, which I'm not 100% sure will fit our car. Is that just a trim level of the same exact car?

I'm looking to delete the second cat, at minimum. Does anybody make a test pipe, or will I need to get the whole mid pipe for that?

If so, are the 2017-8 exhausts the same as the 2019? I know the 19 has a face lift, but the aftermarket vendors are not entirely clear, as some say '2017+' and then some say '2017-18'.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
2017-2020 midpipe is the same. The GT is the hatchback, I do not know if the midpipe is the same but the rear section is definitely different. No test pipes available, you will either need to replace the whole midpipe or have a shop cut out the cat from the stock one. Which is technically illegal but not everyone follows the rules...

·
Registered
2019 ES, 6 speed, 34k, bone stock
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm gonna pick up that midpipe with the Flowmaster resonator on it, then. We had to have the sxth ic piping sent to my father in laws in NJ, because they won't ship to NY. How the hell is an intercooler pipe not carb legal? The oem design is embarrassing!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
For parts to be CARB legal they need to go through a certification process, which is expensive and lengthy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts