Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after some reading it has been brought to my attention that our ECU is like an "Accelerator Limiter". So the question is, is it even worth adding an intake, DP, or even a FMIC? If the ECU is going to compensate, how much power it's going to put down to the wheel. So realistically its a waste of money IF you don't plan on tuning in the future and you just wanted a little more power.

Can anyone chime in and give their opinion? or correct me if I'm wrong.

And how manageable is a tune? is there a programmer? that would be much easier to mess around with in case it needs to be taken to a dealer for something, as opposed to having a tune directly onto the ECU.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Even with the limiters, the way the car drives with those parts makes it worth it. Even the FMIC as it significantly reduces heat soak. The difference in intake temperatures is substantial.

Nobody has a programmer yet. (similar to Cobb AccessPort) Your options are to flash your stock ECU (the dealer will see this, even if you flash it back to stock), spare ECU tune (swap back to your stock one for dealer visits if you so choose) or something like the Lap3 Pro Tuner which is essentially a piggyback but it's plug and play leaves absolutely no trace when you remove it. Also has the ability to switch between different maps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So recently I flashed the stock tune back into my modified SR/EGT to try and work out a problem I was having...

I raced a stock SR during this time and crushed it, even with the stock tune. That said, the car is much faster again once the tune is re-installed. I've raced an i30N and walked away from it.

Bottom line is yes, the modifications you've listed; Intake, Dump, Exhaust, FMIC (all of which I have) do make a difference without retuning the car, but make a much bigger difference if you do to tune it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've raced an i30N and walked away from it....
What the... how?
Give me more details dude.

What mods do you have and tune, more details the better. I'm after doing some more heavy modding.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Never mind. Just read your other post detailing your mods.

What stage tune do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.