Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been posted before...i didnt see anything.

Hey Guys. I am here in Markham, Ontario and i have a 2018 ES DCT Tech. I was looking to get a muffler delete or a Flowmaster muffler. Question is, This car is in year 2 of a 4 year lease. Do you guys advise me getting a muffler delete done or any modifications for that matter? If taking it to a dealership for a servicing, will they notice aftermarket parts and tell the boss and get me in trouble? Would they care? Can they charge me extra for servicing? Basically, i want to know if its advisable making changes to a lease. I've heard mixed things...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Highly depends on the dealer, so nobody can really give you an answer there. Modifying a car on a lease is definitely against the rules, so do it at your own risk. A bolt-on muffler delete should be fine, I wouldn't do anything that requires cutting.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Apologies if this has been posted before...i didnt see anything.

Hey Guys. I am here in Markham, Ontario and i have a 2018 ES DCT Tech. I was looking to get a muffler delete or a Flowmaster muffler. Question is, This car is in year 2 of a 4 year lease. Do you guys advise me getting a muffler delete done or any modifications for that matter? If taking it to a dealership for a servicing, will they notice aftermarket parts and tell the boss and get me in trouble? Would they care? Can they charge me extra for servicing? Basically, i want to know if its advisable making changes to a lease. I've heard mixed things...
As long as you're not cutting and it's all bolt on you should be more then fine. My dealership out in Hamilton area said as long as it comes back stock they technically don't really know what you did to it. Wrapping, bolt ons, ect. But do not bring it in for service work, I don't believe they will be happy to see it on a lease

·
Registered
30 Posts
dealers mostly dont care whether the car is a lease or buy service cant see that information...however make sure it is back to stock before you turn it in..otherwise youll get demolished with fees and everything....if you mod a lease make sure it is reversible easily otherwise youll hate yourself...i work for a Hyundai dealer as a salesmen I see leases modded all the time...not heavily of course and my 19 ES has an intake and thats it....as long as its back to stock at the end of the lease when you turn it in youll be ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts