Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a good amount of time on this and feel like it is around 90% accurate. Built based on PDF documents and Hyundai websites. If you know the car is available in a country that is not listed, or if you are in a listed country and see a feature or option that is marked incorrectly, please let me know. If you want me to make a correction, it would be preferred if there was documentation to go with it. :cool:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WMqotMdj73TiUZgy_3d/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im going to have to add power folding mirrors to my list of things to try and add. Haha it would be nice for the carwash.

Great list!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Australian cars seem very well equipped to me. Someone posted here recently that he was jealous of the U.S. features, but looking at this I don't see it.

I'm surprised to see the Hyundai apparently has a 6-way power adjustable seat that is unique to Puerto Rico, assuming that is correct. Why would they not just use the 10-way seat from other markets? Does not seem worth the development costs.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The manuals in the US definitely have hill start assist.
I found zero documentation for that and nothing on the website. You think they would list that somewhere but I haven't seen it. I need to test it on my car but no hills around here...

The Australian cars seem very well equipped to me. Someone posted here recently that he was jealous of the U.S. features, but looking at this I don't see it.

I'm surprised to see the Hyundai apparently has a 6-way power adjustable seat that is unique to Puerto Rico, assuming that is correct. Why would they not just use the 10-way seat from other markets? Does not seem worth the development costs.
Says "6-way with adjustable height" and another listing for lumbar adjustment on their website. So maybe we can interpret that to a full 10-way?

Edit: I fixed it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Great list. It's funny that Marina Blue = Electric Blue.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice spreadsheet. Personally, the items that I wish the US version had (at least as options) are ventilated seats and rear cooling vents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have personally experienced Hill Start Assist on my 2017 US manual. I assume there is something in the owner's manual about it, but you're right that Hyundai does not list it as a feature anywhere on their website.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Some AU market SR Turbo amendments.

We have auto dimming rear view mirror (but no homelink), from the website. - Electro-chromatic rear view mirror.
While driving the Elantra Elite & SR Turbo through low ambient light conditions, if the sensor in the electro-chromatic interior mirror detects a bright light behind the vehicle the mirror is automatically dimmed.

No tire pressure monitoring.

We have ESC as standard

No auto cruise control (but standard 'normal' cruise control)

No Emergency Braking Alarm ESS as far as I know.

My manual definitely has hill start assist but I think it needs tuning, it only seems to activate on pretty steep inclines, where IMO it should just be on virtually all the time really, the moment you use the clutch it disengages so I don't see the problem there.

18" multi spoke alloys (same as USDM) are optional

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I found zero documentation for that and nothing on the website. You think they would list that somewhere but I haven't seen it. I need to test it on my car but no hills around here...

I've tested my car on hills - it absolutely, positively, without a doubt has it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've tested my car on hills - it absolutely, positively, without a doubt has it.
I found it by accident; my driveway is inclined and I usually let it roll out backwards. I thought there was something wrong with the car! lol

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought the hill start help thing was called "Brake Assist". Which I see listed as a safety feature on the Hyundai Canada website. Maybe it's not called brake assist, though. In any case, it is definitely there.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought the hill start help thing was called "Brake Assist". Which I see listed as a safety feature on the Hyundai Canada website. Maybe it's not called brake assist, though. In any case, it is definitely there.
Brake assist is something else. I can find the description later when I get home. I think it's in one of the PDF docs I downloaded.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brake assist is something else. I can find the description later when I get home. I think it's in one of the PDF docs I downloaded.
I found it in one of the PDFs I have. I think the PDF is for European markets (most of it I assume would apply elsewhere), but in the braking section, it goes on about "Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)" (image attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I found it in one of the PDFs I have. I think the PDF is for European markets (most of it I assume would apply elsewhere), but in the braking section, it goes on about "Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)" (image attached)
Car isn't available in Europe so not sure it would come from there. But that is definitely Hill Assist Control which is separate from Brake Assist. See here in the Australian PDF which lists them separately.

Edit: Here's a description of Brake Assist from Hyundai:

...while our brake assist system instantly increases braking power in an emergency situation to shorten the braking distance.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Car isn't available in Europe so not sure it would come from there. But that is definitely Hill Assist Control which is separate from Brake Assist. See here in the Australian PDF which lists them separately.

Edit: Here's a description of Brake Assist from Hyundai:
lol. If it isn't available in Europe, I don't know either, but a ton of sections have descriptions of things "For Europe" and "Except Europe". Either way, everything is all sorted out now with regards to what Hill-start Assist Control is called :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts