Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's that 3rd gear shift. If 2nd was a bit longer, or rev limiter was a bit higher, you would see those numbers come down a bit.

Giving what we got, the car sucks on the top-end, and the shifting action isn't all that solid. A proper tune alone will awaken this car a lot, the upgrades out there are already making some serious adjustments. The car has potential, but it's been dumb down for 87 octane, and comfort.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's that 3rd gear shift. If 2nd was a bit longer, or rev limiter was a bit higher, you would see those numbers come down a bit.

Giving what we got, the car sucks on the top-end, and the shifting action isn't all that solid. A proper tune alone will awaken this car a lot, the upgrades out there are already making some serious adjustments. The car has potential, but it's been dumb down for 87 octane, and comfort.
Ah, yeah that makes sense. Coming from a WRX, the shift into 3rd was a big reason why people would **** on the STI for being slower 0-60 than a WRX. The difference was the WRX could hit 60 in 2nd... Good call.

·
Registered
78 Posts
With manual cars you see review numbers all over the place, there no way to tell if the person shifted in the ideal rev range, how aggressive their shifts were, etc. Add another gear for that last bit to hit 60 and now you got even more variables at play.

I think low to mid 6's is more accurate, but the 0-60 stuff is kind of dumb.

I like the 40-70 test, but than everyone argues that is dumb too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Jalopnik says 6.4. I think I have seen 6.2 somewhere.
That's a "claimed" 6.4 seconds. They didn't actually test 0-60. They rarely do. No way this car does 6.2 stock. If you can find it, please post it.

Just another great review for this car. Hyundai did an excellent job with this one. And will only improve for 2018. My biggest complaint is lack of availability. There are 538 listed on Cars.com right now nationwide both manual and DSG. Only 180 more than a Golf R. That's pretty **** low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts