Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Close to 13k miles on the car and the clutch point is getting pretty close to the floor. The clutch is also starting to feel light, very easy to push in. Is this the clutch breaking in? It can’t be slipping or going out wouldn’t the clutch point be going further away from the floor?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Sounds like there's air in the system or the fluid is low. Check the reservoir. Maybe have the dealer bleed the system if it looks fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nope. I also have Motul fluid and a stainless clutch line.
Im definitely considering changing the Transmission fluid in mine. I also have the 6mt. which Motul fluid are you using? I have been hearing that the stock fluid is not that great and I have no idea if the previous owner ever changed it (I highly doubt they did).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Im definitely considering changing the Transmission fluid in mine. I also have the 6mt. which Motul fluid are you using? I have been hearing that the stock fluid is not that great and I have no idea if the previous owner ever changed it (I highly doubt they did).
To clarify, I am using Motul for the brake/clutch line fluid.

For the transmission fluid, I am using Redline MT-85.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.