Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have done the muffler delete, what is the install like? It seems to just be taking a few bolts out, free the stock from hangars and then just reverse with the new part, right? What about torquing it down? I doubt there'd be any difference between SXTH, Tork, or Pierce's with their installs.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Remove 2 nuts. Remove 3 hangers. Install 2 hangers (most deletes have 2) Install new hardware. Finished.

Literally takes 10 minutes. 15 if you take your time.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Man, almost $400 for a a muffler delete? Why not check a local muffler shop? Get it done same day
Depends on the shop. And the chances of the quality being anywhere near SXTH's unit are slim to none.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remove 2 nuts. Remove 3 hangers. Install 2 hangers (most deletes have 2) Install new hardware. Finished.

Literally takes 10 minutes. 15 if you take your time.
No torquing?

Man, almost $400 for a a muffler delete? Why not check a local muffler shop? Get it done same day
There's a guy on the facebook group who did this but in less than a year he was full of rust. At least that's what I thought because I only glanced the video.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's a guy on the facebook group who did this but in less than a year he was full of rust. At least that's what I thought because I only glanced the video.
Sounds like **** work if that’s the case. I had a muffler shop built an exhaust for a car many years ago and it worked amazing for a very long time until I cut it up and made something else out of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts