Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,

Even if some peoples said that heat shield on turbo engines air intakes doesn't affect the performance, I tried to modify mine this morning. I've take some ideas of K&N air intake and apply it to mine.

This is not the final version but it think that is very dencent for the first try!

Next week I will try to cut the part with right angles to seal it better and drill driver side bumber grill to bring some air to the filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
The stock tube that attaches to the top of the radiator support is your best bet for additional airflow. When I put my SXTH intake in, I left that tube there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering this as well but it looks like he has dual OCCs so maybe they're the breathers for his setup?
You're right. Its my breather side OCC.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The stock tube that attaches to the top of the radiator support is your best bet for additional airflow. When I put my SXTH intake in, I left that tube there.
I tried this but found one of the tabs that lock it into place in the stock air box was rubbing on the filter, I saw this before the filter was damaged lucky. Did you secure yours in place? If so how?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I tried this but found one of the tabs that lock it into place in the stock air box was rubbing on the filter, I saw this before the filter was damaged lucky. Did you secure yours in place? If so how?
Checked mine on Saturday and it was rubbing as well. I'll just cut that tab off and put it back in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Checked mine on Saturday and it was rubbing as well. I'll just cut that tab off and put it back in.
Was there much damage to the filter?

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Do you have pictures of the intake filter rubbing and where it is rubbing at?
It's the bottom of the air intake tube the connects to the radiator support with a couple clips. It has a tab that sticks out that clips into the bottom of the stock airbox. It rubs on the air filter, potentially damaging it for those of us that prefer to leave that tube in. Easy fix to just cut that tab off if you don't mind doing so.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you have pictures of the intake filter rubbing and where it is rubbing at?
I have removed my tube for now but I can take a couple of photos tonight and post them for you to see!:)

Attachments

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 12 of 12 Posts