Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was lurking around on Avante Sport in South Korea. I found this photo on a forum. I have to say this car is looking very clean. I sort of like the idea with a subtle lettering with the N decal, although perhaps "N line" is more fitting. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Personally I wouldn't. But everyone has their preference. If you like it, go for it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
So I was lurking around on Avante Sport in South Korea. I found this photo on a forum. I have to say this car is looking very clean. I sort of like the idea with a subtle lettering with the N decal, although perhaps "N line" is more fitting. What do you think?

Nay I feel like it's like putting a type R wing on a civic sport 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
250 Posts
Looks good! Same color as mine, what rims and what size?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nay from me, unless I had bolt ons and a tune for similar performance. The Australian SR badge, however, is a yay.
I really like the badging on the SR. Its pretty tough to find them though here in Canada. One guy on eBay tried to quote me $100 for the 2 side badges. I've since moved on. I do want to get my hands on The SR floor mats though.

To the OP:
Nope. Not unless you're gonna wedge a 2.0 TGDi N series motor in there. I agree with the "like putting a type R wing on a civic sport" comment.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your input. No "power stickers" for my ES :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I really like the badging on the SR. Its pretty tough to find them though here in Canada. One guy on eBay tried to quote me $100 for the 2 side badges. I've since moved on. I do want to get my hands on The SR floor mats though.

To the OP:
Nope. Not unless you're gonna wedge a 2.0 TGDi N series motor in there. I agree with the "like putting a type R wing on a civic sport" comment.
Unfortunately that is the price of them, even here in Australia.. Cheapest I can find is $44 each delivered here in Australia

So to get them delivered anywhere else in the world is going to be more expensive. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE...m467c37b500:g:5RUAAOSwTKha8RfY&frcectupt=true

And here I am thinking of taking them completely off..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Adding the N badge to the car is basically the same as BMW owners adding the ///M badge to their cars when it ISN'T an M, sorry. If you wanna add a badge to our car to make it more unique and make sense, do what I did. I removed the SPORT badge because it seems every line of cars has a SPORT model and add the TURBO badge from the Veloster, I mean our cars are the only models with the turbo, so it fits soooo much better....IMO.

Reactions: Mark SR

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I'd say it's OK if you have N parts on the car. They are planning on selling them at dealers in the near future but it's taking a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, I get the issue putting the "N" badge on the ES, but an NLine badge should be fair play, right?? Just picked up my '18 ES here in North Texas, and would like to replace or cover the front turbo badge with an NLine badge instead. Not "technically" posing then...right...?

·
Registered
22 Posts
This one from i30 N line? Too bad the wording line is not below the N, in my opinion.
Yes! Has anyone here badged with this? I'm not a fan of the turbo badge and would much prefer this to bring it in line with the 2020s with the same power train.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts