Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not upgraded the nav software since I got the car. What's the process,wifi or thumbdrive. Is mapnsoft the right place to go?

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
They mail an SD card. You can download it as well but it looks like the website was just redone so online download doesn't seem to be ready as of yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They mail an SD card. You can download it as well but it looks like the website was just redone so online download doesn't seem to be ready as of yet.
I updated last November with the SD card (about CAD$40 w/shipping). The installation itself was uneventful. The instructions say to keep the motor running during the 20 minute or so process to prevent the battery from dying. I did that but wonder if it really is necessary for a one or two year old car.

After the installation the system intermittently crashed on starting up (i.e., got stuck on the "confirm" screen). I phoned the support line and was advised to do a system reset. That resolved the problem.

I just checked the Mapsoft website (Hyundai Mapcare | Customer Login). Map Ver. 14 on SD card will be available April 20 (the downloadable update is coming in July). I don't plan on updating again at this time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I get the free updates online and they have worked pretty well. It does take a little over 20 minutes to install. I have bricked my nav system once because the installation failed. You would turn on the car and it would just pop up an error message with no other options. I was able to get the radio working after a factory reset but the navigation is not working because it said it was not authorized. I emailed mapnsoft and they were able to remotely fix it. It definitely is a little bit risky updating it, but as long as you know what you're doing you should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts