Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bunch of 2019's on the forum lately. Can one of you guys do me a favor and measure the diameter of the rear sway bar please? Hyundai still lists it as 'TBD' on their spec sheet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't know if you still need this, but I just crawled under mine and put the calipers on it.

17.03 mm

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know if you still need this, but I just crawled under mine and put the calipers on it.

17.03 mm
Thanks. '17-18 is 15mm so looks like they made a change there. Any way you can measure the front? Should be 24mm, but would like to confirm.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
280 Posts
This may or may not be beneficial to you, but it would appear that the Veloster N rear sway bar is a fairly common upgrade in South Korea. 19mm vs 13mm on ES (2017-2018)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This may or may not be beneficial to you, but it would appear that the Veloster N rear sway bar is a fairly common upgrade in South Korea. 19mm vs 13mm on ES (2017-2018)
ES is 15mm. Either way someone in my facebook group already did this upgrade. Purchased from Albert. ;)

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
280 Posts
13mm was quoted on the website where I found this photo. I stand corrected.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Does anyone know the part # for the N rear sway? Is it thicker than the bars outfitted on 2019’S and the GT N line? Sounds like it is a direct fit.

I am a fan of oem upgrades. Looking to do the engine and trans mounts from the 3019 GT N line as well.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know the part # for the N rear sway? Is it thicker than the bars outfitted on 2019’S and the GT N line? Sounds like it is a direct fit.

I am a fan of oem upgrades. Looking to do the engine and trans mounts from the 3019 GT N line as well.
It's 19mm.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Indeed. And no squeaky polyurethane bushings to worry about. For most people I think this is going to be their best rear sway bar option.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Indeed. And no squeaky polyurethane bushings to worry about. For most people I think this is going to be their best rear sway bar option.
I must be the only person alive who hasn't had squeaking issues with the sway bushings on my SXTH bar.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts