Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HEY FRIENDS, i bought my elnatra sport two month back and today while driving to home one of my tire got flat and i notices deep cut on the sidewall.
So DO this covered under warranty??
or i have to replace it own my own
:eek::eek::eek::eek

EDit: Finally today orderd new tire from sam's. to be noted,went to dealership but no luck. So, after searching online came to know some fact regarding poor/softer sidewall in that oem tire (hankok noble2 22540r18 88w) and replaced it with hankook concept2 22540r18XL 92w which supposed to be reinforced. i hope all go good .
what u think guys,

·
Registered
66 Posts
You will have to prove there is a defect in the tyre. I'd suggest taking the wheel with the buggered tyre to a tyre dealer and get their opinion

·
Registered
17 Posts
People asking if a slice in the sidewall is covered under warranty is like when the Wii came out on 06' and people were bringing their TV's back to Walmart after their kid threw a remote through it and claimed it was a defect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The stock rims are too low profile for a DD. One pothole is all it takes to break a cord, specially if pressure is at 30 or below. Once while driving one of my rear tires sprung a fast leak. Did not stop to check it out so that I could save time and drive to the nearest gas station to top it up before it got completely flat. As I pulled in to the station the pressure had dropped to 24. The roads were not exactly well paved. Later noticed a slight damage on the sidewall that must have been caused by driving over the less than perfect roads at low pressure. Same with a front tire as well, it dropped into a pothole though I tried my best to slow down and avoid it. Now there's a minor imperfection on the sidewall where it hit the pothole. At this aspect ratio maybe RFTs are a bit more sturdy than the usual tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's all part of the sporty image. Common theme on newer cars. Also, tires should be set at 33psi cold.
I got my ES 3 weeks ago, immediately bought 16" rims with snow tires (live in new england) for the winter. the stock rims and tires are sitting in the garage with less than 100 miles on them. I am debating whether or not I should put them on for the summer or just buy 17" blacks (was looking at the same style as yours R1600Turbo, my ES is galactic gray as well) to have a little more sidewall since it is my daily driver.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I got my ES 3 weeks ago, immediately bought 16" rims with snow tires (live in new england) for the winter. the stock rims and tires are sitting in the garage with less than 100 miles on them. I am debating whether or not I should put them on for the summer or just buy 17" blacks (was looking at the same style as yours R1600Turbo, my ES is galactic gray as well) to have a little more sidewall since it is my daily driver.
Mine are 18's.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am on 17 inchers from the GT now with Michelin XI3 on them. It made a world of difference in the ride quality. The ride is much softer and compliant compared to the stock rims that just crash through every surface. 16 should be even better then! But..there is no comparison to the handling that is available on the stock rims. The stocks rims will just eat the 17 inchers for breakfast lunch dinner and then some more in the handling department. So decided to not get rid of them and will use them past snow time. Contemplating 235/40 on those though thats bit above the recommended rim width. That might soften the ride.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Well I run a 235/40 currently and can't really say that it feels any softer than stock. Though it's a 340 treadwear tire so it may have stiffer sidewalls. Going 245/35 next.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.