Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the car. New to FWD sports cars. I am still getting used to it. Impressed with the power from such a small engine. However, I got on it for the first time to 6k and when I shifted to 3rd I heard a thud come from the car. Not sure what to make of it.

Even with ESC pressed off, the car seems like it is still being held back under straight line full throttle.

Is it the car or me? I'm used to big displacement RWD cars.

Thanks... Hope to learn a lot.

·
Registered
214 Posts
its the car. the power delivery isnt the best. it can get laggy and not so smooth sometimes combined with only 201 hp from the factory. hoping some good tunes become available to us soon to alleviate some of these issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's too bad that traction control can't be fully turned off without also turning off stability control. If I'm just put-putting around town, I drive it "normally", but I hit the TC button about half the time, and Sport mode about a third of the time. Doing both definitely reduces lag, although it's still present. A mild tune that brought on low end torque earlier would be great, even if there was no actual increase in HP or torque.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just got the car. New to FWD sports cars. I am still getting used to it. Impressed with the power from such a small engine. However, I got on it for the first time to 6k and when I shifted to 3rd I heard a thud come from the car. Not sure what to make of it.

Even with ESC pressed off, the car seems like it is still being held back under straight line full throttle.

Is it the car or me? I'm used to big displacement RWD cars.

Thanks... Hope to learn a lot.
Welcome! Lots of good info here and more to come. We'll have tunes sorted out in the next 30-60 days. The ECU is a new type.

Check us out when you want to add performance and let me know if you have any questions.

www.sxthelement.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.