Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Just got my 2018 ES DCT Premium in Black the 1st week of April. Love the car! As of right now, not planning on doing any mods. 1st reason is its a lease, and 2nd is I'm really happy with the performance/handling as is. Considering the intercooler resonator delete with normal pipe replacement, but again, its leased, so not sure... I did get the Torque Pro app, and a Kitbest Bluetooth OBD2 scanner adapter ($10.99 with 5 year Warranty, works great!), so I can have some fun with that. I've also had some fun with a few unsuspecting VW GTIs and GLIs, which brings me to the topic of thinking the 0-60 times reported in reviews I have read are seemingly conservative in my experience, so far. I will research this more now that I have the Torque Pro app that can record some pretty accurate times. Anyway, doesn't seem like there are too many of us up here in the northern New England area, but a big Hello to those who are! 馃檪

Attachments

Registered
Hi,

Just got my 2018 ES DCT Premium in Black the 1st week of April. Love the car! As of right now, not planning on doing any mods. 1st reason is its a lease, and 2nd is I'm really happy with the performance/handling as is. Considering the intercooler resonator delete with normal pipe replacement, but again, its leased, so not sure... I did get the Torque Pro app, and a Kitbest Bluetooth OBD2 scanner adapter ($10.99 with 5 year Warranty, works great!), so I can have some fun with that. I've also had some fun with a few unsuspecting VW GTIs and GLIs, which brings me to the topic of thinking the 0-60 times reported in reviews I have read are seemingly conservative in my experience, so far. I will research this more now that I have the Torque Pro app that can record some pretty accurate times. Anyway, doesn't seem like there are too many of us up here in the northern New England area, but a big Hello to those who are! 馃檪
Welcome to the club! I love my black ES aside from how fast it gets dirty. I鈥檝e been wondering about the stock acceleration of our cars because of reports on here. I don鈥檛 think our cars are necessarily faster than what the professional reviews say but it seems like the performance of our cars is more easily accessible than the average 鈥渉ot hatch鈥.
They鈥檙e easy to launch and get a great time from a dead stop and the dct is great at putting the car in the meat of the powerband, Making us all look like heroes. Getting a great launch in a fwd car with more torque than ours can be tricky. And at highway speeds I believe the efficient dct and sleek aerodynamics help quite a bit. Just my thoughts on the subject but I鈥檓 eager to see your results from your app.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts