Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great little car! It took me a while to find one in the price range I was hoping for but the wait was worth it. 2018 with 26k miles. Had a chance to do some spirited canyon style driving yesterday for the first time with it and I’m quite impressed. Brings me back to my Miata days in college.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Always liked the 17 style better but working for a Hyundai dealer I got a good deal on the current body style

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you! Is the general consensus on this board that a thicker rear sway bar is a worthwhile upgrade for the handling of this car as a DD?

Also, I have the dual clutch transmission which is a first for me. When I drive conservatively, it sort of feels like first gear bogs a little bit and then second gear kicks in with the turbo / boost. Is that normal? Maybe I’m not used to this cars particular quirks?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Is the general consensus on this board that a thicker rear sway bar is a worthwhile upgrade for the handling of this car as a DD?
19mm or 22mm is sufficient on stock or stock size tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you! Is the general consensus on this board that a thicker rear sway bar is a worthwhile upgrade for the handling of this car as a DD?

Also, I have the dual clutch transmission which is a first for me. When I drive conservatively, it sort of feels like first gear bogs a little bit and then second gear kicks in with the turbo / boost. Is that normal? Maybe I’m not used to this cars particular quirks?
I got my car a few months ago and I'm still getting used to the DCT (coming from a CVT/auto on the wife's car), but yeah, 2nd gear has great pull...woot!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are you in Sacramento? How many of us, especially the n00bs, are here in Commiefornia errr the Golden State?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts