Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheels: F1R F27 18x9.5 +45
Tires: 225/40/18 (stock)
I don't want a lot of poke nor flush. I just want it to look aggressive. please help. First time buying Wheels.
Any suggestions, opinions what I should do, it will be great help. :geek: Any wheels that looks great with intense blue would help too. lol

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Depends on your definition of aggressive. That size is going to poke a lot and the tires will be quite stretched. 18x8 +45 is flush on these cars. If you want slight poke without much issue, go 18x8 +40. Both of these sizes you can run the stock tire.

I'm running 18x8.5 +50 with 255/35 tires. This is my "aggressive" which may or may not work for everyone. It also requires 5mm spacers in front to clear the coilovers (doesn't work with stock shocks) and I need ~2.7 degrees of negative camber in the rear to clear the fenders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on your definition of aggressive. That size is going to poke a lot and the tires will be quite stretched. 18x8 +45 is flush on these cars. If you want slight poke without much issue, go 18x8 +40. Both of these sizes you can run the stock tire.

I'm running 18x8.5 +50 with 255/35 tires. This is my "aggressive" which may or may not work for everyone. It also requires 5mm spacers in front to clear the coilovers (doesn't work with stock shocks) and I need ~2.7 degrees of negative camber in the rear to clear the fenders.

View attachment 17582
So i guess ill start with coilovers. BC Racing are too expensive. Any coilovers that wont break the bank and ride smooth? Thanks replied.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
So i guess ill start with coilovers. BC Racing are too expensive. Any coilovers that wont break the bank and ride smooth? Thanks replied.
I'm using Yellowspeed Racing. With the standard spring rates and the shocks set to ~15 or lower, it rides very similar or softer than stock. I have higher rates and set the shocks to 12-15 and it's still pretty nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts