Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into upgrading suspension with coilovers and im fairly new to the market. any expert opinions would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Yellowspeed racing has a nice looking set.
This.

Those who have them so far are extremely pleased. And for $832 shipped (US) you can't beat that. One negative I have found is that even at max height adjustment in the rear, it's still pretty low.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got Yellow Speed Racing coilovers and I love them. As @R1600Turbo said, the rear does sit rather low even at the highest setting so keep that in mind. Other than that, they're amazing for the price.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've got Yellow Speed Racing coilovers and I love them. As @R1600Turbo said, the rear does sit rather low even at the highest setting so keep that in mind. Other than that, they're amazing for the price.
This would be bad in Canadian winters where the wheel well build up of ice and snow causes severe rubbing. I'm thinking of actually raising the suspension a bit or go to a small overall diameter tire or maybe even install wheel well heaters. It got so bad that I couldn't steer properly. I've broken a broom handle, hockey stick and my ice scrapper trying to clear out the ice.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've requested from BC, coils that can 1) lower the car 'a little' AND 2) can be adjusted back to at least stock height

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've requested from BC, coils that can 1) lower the car 'a little' AND 2) can be adjusted back to at least stock height
I think their rear coilovers are not true coilovers? It's weird cause pictures show seperate springs? I'm not sure but the Australian customer service couldn't tell me. So question mark on this one.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I think their rear coilovers are not true coilovers? It's weird cause pictures show seperate springs? I'm not sure but the Australian customer service couldn't tell me. So question mark on this one.
Most of the coilover kits for this car are not true coilovers in the rear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Most of the coilover kits for this car are not true coilovers in the rear.
Ok thank U for the handy info.

·
Registered
338 Posts
This would be bad in Canadian winters where the wheel well build up of ice and snow causes severe rubbing. I'm thinking of actually raising the suspension a bit or go to a small overall diameter tire or maybe even install wheel well heaters. It got so bad that I couldn't steer properly. I've broken a broom handle, hockey stick and my ice scrapper trying to clear out the ice.
Ksport does not offer anything
JRi does not offer anything
BC racing does offer a set but it is impossible to get back to stock height by adjusting to highest height.
I've contacted Airforce (bags) and they only forwarded my inquiry to their dealer...Ben Wang
I've contacted Yellow Speed. awaiting reply

·
Registered
338 Posts
True, they are not. Apparently the adjust-ability is in the spring 'perch'. Where the front is adjustable via the tubes threads and the spring pre-load...i think

1 - 19 of 19 Posts