Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed and tested Cosmo Racing's new cold air intake. I must say this the paint quality is absolutely awesome and almost a perfect match to the exterior paint color. I couldnt believe how good it looks. Install was very easy without removal of the front bumper. The removal of the blow off valve tube (vents to atmosphere as opposed to the recirc) makes the shifting more enjoyable simply because you get the shoosh sound. The noise from it is not too loud but just right. The intake noise of course does increase but is not horrible. Performance wise I have seen about a 2 mpg increase. I am surprised by this increase actually. Being that the true intake track is sealed through the intercooler side of things. But none the less, happy. The intake temps did drop slightly two degrees. This intake temp drop is debatable though, could be atmospheric influences though. I must say I am thoroughly happy with this intake and will gladly recommend it to others.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Almost unmeasurable means it's measurable, and therefore problematic (if you want to keep adding more power). If all you're doing is an intake and some exhaust work, it'll be fine. For tuning... not so much. I mean, it'll still work, but it will limit the amount of power you can make.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If one is building a 8 second car, then yes these silicone couplers will not hold the boost pressure well. But a car for the street with simple mods, a tune these will have no effect. Nothing worth mentioning. But moving on to the topic. What a great product and definitely enjoy the intake and working with Cosmo Racing on it.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
If one is building a 8 second car, then yes these silicone couplers will not hold the boost pressure well. But a car for the street with simple mods, a tune these will have no effect. Nothing worth mentioning. But moving on to the topic. What a great product and definitely enjoy the intake and working with Cosmo Racing on it.
There is no boost pressure in the intake - it's all pre-turbo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: After roughly 8,000 miles on the intake. I have had zero issues with the mounting quality of the intake. Cosmo did a fantastic job with this one. Please call or email Cosmo for more information on this intake. Far better than any short ram out there. The install was a breeze and the sound from the intake is awesome. I do get plenty of comments about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.