Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 2018 Elantra GT Sport, with 33,000 km on it. This is my 3rd Hyundai vehicle, Really liking the pep of this car and the leather seats moon roof, etc. I do notice a little bit of a hesitation when pulling out from my parking spot, in the morning. Is it due to the DCT transmission? Or do I need the car to arm up a little more before driving?
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like it…. I’m in no rush, I’ll just let car war lm up to temp and drive…. I went from a 6 speed manual to DCT. So little different.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congrats and welcome - post a pic when you can!

Too bad we can't get the i30n here in the United States. I think that's the same with Canada, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats and welcome - post a pic when you can!

Too bad we can't get the i30n here in the United States. I think that's the same with Canada, right?
Yes same as the states no i30, What can be done this car to make it like the i30?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 Elantra GT Sport, with 33,000 km on it. This is my 3rd Hyundai vehicle, Really liking the pep of this car and the leather seats moon roof, etc. I do notice a little bit of a hesitation when pulling out from my parking spot, in the morning. Is it due to the DCT transmission? Or do I need the car to arm up a little more before driving? View attachment 18050
I had the same issue on my elantra sport 18 started with jerking out of a parking spot in thr mornings eventually it got worse to a point where from it would happen from a stop or stop and go traffic car would jerk or hesitate the problem is the dual clutch you need to replace that I had mine replaced under the warranty problem.went away car felt brand new after it has nothing to do with tempature there is a TSB bulletin on the dual clutch I found online if I were you change the clutch while its under warranty0

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the same issue on my elantra sport 18 started with jerking out of a parking spot in thr mornings eventually it got worse to a point where from it would happen from a stop or stop and go traffic car would jerk or hesitate the problem is the dual clutch you need to replace that I had mine replaced under the warranty problem.went away car felt brand new after it has nothing to do with tempature there is a TSB bulletin on the dual clutch I found online if I were you change the clutch while its under warranty0
Where did you find the TSB bulletin? Also I have switched from regular gas to premium and that has helped a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info, I was able to find the Hyundai TSB for the car. I had originally taken the car to my local dealership and complained about the issue, they ran a quick diagnostic and told me this is expected for a DCT! And sent me on my way. Wasn’t impressed.

I have emailed Hyundai directly with an email regarding the dealership, plus the Info I have for what is going on and the TSB numbers plus pictures of TSB document.
See if I get a reply….

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wrote to Hyundai Canada and waited about 3 weeks, finally got my local stealership to make an appointment. And they agreed the car had an issue with the DCT. They are fixing it next week under warranty. Update soon on after the fix is done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.