Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I just picked up my 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport Tech MT a couple of days ago.

Not my first Hyundai as I had a '13 Veloster Turbo previously which I had traded in for a '15 Nissan Juke Nismo RS. The VT was a good car, but I was looking for an automatic for commuting also so my wife could drive it. What can I say I liked the love it or hate it styling of both the VT and Juke. Both of those cars had their pros and cons, but I knew I would get back into a Hyundai one day. The cars are great value and with the performance side getting better and better all the time I can say I'm a fan.

I never expected to trade-in the Juke as quick as I did, but one day out of boredom I was building an Elantra Sport on the Hyundai page and noticed it was 0% financing. Figured out I'd save on payments trading it in plus I need something a little bigger (Juke is tiny). Not having to use premium gas would be nice too. Went for a test drive with both the DCT and the 6spd. Found out I missed manual way too much and I would put up with it in traffic. So the wife will have to try and learn standard again, but the car itself will be very familiar to her as she has a '17 Elantra GLS.

I added some mods on the previous cars, but I'm trying to avoid it this time around. Well other than the XXR rims I've carried over from the VT to the Juke and soon to the ES.

Lastly I look forward to popping by the KDM and VT meets again as there's a good crowd here in the GTA.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great, another GTA guy in here.

I also trade in the 2012 Veloster NA to this ES. Yes, it's love and hate of the Veloster. Ended with short block changed at 95000 km and still got major engine failure at 150000 km. There was really common engine problem for the 2012 and 2013 generation as I heard.

Didn't take the Tech package as it cost more than $2000. But really missed the built in navigator. It's so inconvenience without it comparing with the Android Auto.

Another thing to recommend you is checking the headlight condensation issue. I noticed the water/ice condensation inside the headlight assembly during the new car pickup at dealer. They replaced both whole new headlights (L & R) for me after then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,Petabytes. I'll have to check out my headlights to see if there's any condensation.

Hey Chuck, what night do you guys have the KDM meets now? The Veloster meets were on the same night at Krispy Kreme, but it's been a couple of years since I've come out now. Although from looking at the picture do you meet at a different location? Oh and I'm south of Square one, but I'll be moving to Cambridge in the next couple of months.

Reactions: Petabytes

·
Registered
32 Posts
The meets are on Fridays, generally once a month, I follow the meets through the kdm Ontario Facebook group. Property management at Krispy Kreme has kicked all the cars clubs out hence the new location which is on Airport Road just south of Derry in an above ground parking structure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks,Petabytes. I'll have to check out my headlights to see if there's any condensation.

Hey Chuck, what night do you guys have the KDM meets now? The Veloster meets were on the same night at Krispy Kreme, but it's been a couple of years since I've come out now. Although from looking at the picture do you meet at a different location? Oh and I'm south of Square one, but I'll be moving to Cambridge in the next couple of months.
South of Square one??...**** ..i am by the condos behind novatel hotel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
South of Square one??...**** ..i am by the condos behind novatel hotel.
I'm only a few blocks from there off Central Parkway. Actually walked past the Novotel last night on a walk with the wife.

When's the next KDM meet taking place?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm only a few blocks from there off Central Parkway. Actually walked past the Novotel last night on a walk with the wife.

When's the next KDM meet taking place?

I believe the last one was a couple of weeks ago. I havent had a chance to go for any.

Central Parkway is where i fill up gas. hwy 10 and Central Parkway. Have just seen one elantra sport. Just had a chat with they guy at a red light by Trillium. And thats it, no other ES !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe the last one was a couple of weeks ago. I havent had a chance to go for any.

Central Parkway is where i fill up gas. hwy 10 and Central Parkway. Have just seen one elantra sport. Just had a chat with they guy at a red light by Trillium. And thats it, no other ES !!
Just passed a grey Elantra sport at that intersection this evening. I've seen a few ES around, but I guess the most notable was at Heartland last Saturday. A grey ES with plastidipped front grill followed by a white ES with a bov. I was driving someone else's car wishing I was in mine. Felt left out. lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Im new here. I traded my 2011 scion Tc for Iron Gray 2017 ES. I was going to purchase the GLS till i found out about the ES version. The kit and wheels got me buying the ES. I must say WOW. i absolutely love the feel of this car. Very smooth and comfortable. Hopefully one day i'll check out some of the meets.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you haven't yet, check out the KDM Ontario facebook group:

KDM Ontario

I believe they have a meet tomorrow night in Mississauga on Airport Road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New owner here as of yesterday. Picked up my 2018 Elantra sport tech MT...I'm coming from a 2015 Sonata ultimate, from a 2001 bmw 325i convertible and a 2009 Mitsubishi lancer.

Feels good to be back in manual. I live by Erin Mills. So I'm sure I'll see some of you guys around.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New owner here as of yesterday. Picked up my 2018 Elantra sport tech MT...I'm coming from a 2015 Sonata ultimate, from a 2001 bmw 325i convertible and a 2009 Mitsubishi lancer.

Feels good to be back in manual. I live by Erin Mills. So I'm sure I'll see some of you guys around.
Welcome! I can relate on the manual. I was in an automatic for the past three years and I'm so much happier in the manual. Even with our traffic in the GTA.

Why the change from the Sonata?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.