Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a silver '18 ES w/ DCT about a week and a half ago. Actually, we bought two vehicles - my wife got a Caribbean Blue '17 Tucson Eco. Had my heart set on an '18 Sonata Sport 2.0T but decided on an Elantra Sport so my wife could get a nicer Tuscon.

I've always loved the joys of driving sporty vehicles (past vehicles include WRX, STi, S2000, GTI) and look forward to enjoying the ES for many years. I thought I had to have a manual transmission but after test driving a new Civic Si decided I'd get tired of it in my daily commute (minimum 54 miles a day in stop/go traffic).

I've never been one to leave well-enough alone and will probably start modifying the ES before too long. I'll probably start with my custom-made LED interior dome and trunk lights along with a old-fashioned debadging. A tune won't be too far down the line, either.

Evan

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Post pics of your new rides when you can. I really like the Tucson, and I'm not even an SUV fan lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ES!!

Can't wait to see your mods. Hope you gonna toss some pictures when it's done. Did you do that custom interior lights in your previous cars?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome fellow Texan. Just wanting to let you know im from south of ft. Worth. I plan on going to cowtown and hillsboro cars and coffee this month. Both events are on facebook if you are interested I'd love to have another es at then for backup lol. Shoot me a message

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome fellow Texan. Just wanting to let you know im from south of ft. Worth. I plan on going to cowtown and hillsboro cars and coffee this month. Both events are on facebook if you are interested I'd love to have another es at then for backup lol. Shoot me a message
Welcome man! It's a great car that you will truly enjoy.
Side note: when are these events? If my car gets out of the shop on time I wanna attend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cowtown is on the 9th from 8a-11p. Hillsboro is the 17th same time. During the hillsboro one there a group of about 50 cars that meets up at the road Ranger gas station in waco and rolls in. It's a good time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ES!!

Can't wait to see your mods. Hope you gonna toss some pictures when it's done. Did you do that custom interior lights in your previous cars?
Thank you.

I’ve done quite a bit of custom LED work, including designing my own circuit boards and programming microcontrollers for custom effects. Here’s a link to one of my projects (custom Larsen scanner for a friend’s Kawasaki Z1000): https://youtu.be/AFyTcTWbbow

I won’t be doing anything crazy with the lighting on the ES...I mainly want to change the color temperature from the original incandescent yellow to a pure white (5000K-5700K). Same goes for the trunk and license plate lights. I’m also going to get rid of the incandescent bulb in the 3rd brake light (I can’t stand cars with LED tail lights but incandescent 3rd brake light).

My ES doesn’t even have 500 miles on it yet so I won’t rush into anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.