Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from buying a 2018 blue ES Tech, with an 8 yr 160k warranty in Ottawa, On.
Moving to it from a 2012 Elantra GLS, looking forward to more control with the DCT (the 2012 Elantra was the first automatic I've owned, but driving in traffic daily has pushed me towards the DCT)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey congratulations on your new purchase fellow Canuck. How has your experience been so far?
Buying wasn't too bad, pickup was a pain, service dept took 2 hours to change over rims from my old car(winters) to the new one, then the salesman disappeared with the spare key.

Driving it's been great, no issue with the DCT in traffic (had a 20 min bumper to bumper drive on my first drive home), then had a 3 hour road trip yesterday. Only complaint so far is the interior noise, not sure if it's just my winters (Blizzak), or if its the stiffer suspension.

Will maybe look into sound deadening, but overall, love it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Buying wasn't too bad, pickup was a pain, service dept took 2 hours to change over rims from my old car(winters) to the new one, then the salesman disappeared with the spare key.

Driving it's been great, no issue with the DCT in traffic (had a 20 min bumper to bumper drive on my first drive home), then had a 3 hour road trip yesterday. Only complaint so far is the interior noise, not sure if it's just my winters (Blizzak), or if its the stiffer suspension.

Its mostly because of the road noise from the OEM tires, the 40 aspect ratio of the tires, and the lack of sound deadening in the trunk and spare tire well. Also its lacking in the wheel wells and headliner but those are more difficult to fix.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I don't know if its my imagination, but I feel as though the road noise has subsided somewhat over the last four months since I bought my car. I had them put the winter tires on straight away, and thought the road noise was horrendous. I don't even notice it now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear that you’re putting that car through it’s paces. While enjoying that new car leather (how I wish to have that smell embedded for the life of the car lol) Can I ask what range are you seeing per fill up on the DCT?

As for interior noise this mainly could be a result of the set of winters you currently are on, in conjunction with the above previously mention statement. Yeah I wouldn’t sweat it man as this may change once you perform your seasonal tire change over. IMO you’ll find the Hankooks to be relatively quite in comparison.
So just filled up again, had about 100kms of range left, according to the dash, got 460kms of driving, and it took 42l of fuel to fill up. Will be interesting to see what I get with the summers on, and not having the warm up cycles like it has now.

This is about the same or better than I was getting in my 2012 Elantra auto, so I"m happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.