Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings everyone. I have obtained a black 2018 Elantra Sport DCT after owning a 2014 Kia Rio which gave me a satisfying experience out of its little 1.6L gamma thing. Along with just recently selling my '93 Z28, this thing has been my only source of performance blessing and it's been satisfying my dollar so far. Glad to be part of the community!

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome! Where at in Michigan?
Kalamazoo. Pretty brutal on cars unfortunately.

Grats on the new Elantra and it's a beauty! Going to leave it stock or planing to give it a few upgrades?
Thanks! As of now I'm planning on starting with preliminary mods like CAI, BOV, and eventually make my way to exhaust. Regardless, I tend to plan upgrades on the spot for some reason. I also like snooping around and seeing what others have been doing to the Avante with efficiency and function in consideration.

Now I don't have much experience with optimizing exhaust sound with forced induction. With the N/A 1.6L in the Rio, I was able to perfect the exhaust sound after my 6th attempt - hallowed out cats with a 2.5" cat back and 2 magnaflow glasspacks (with a custom short ram intake). Anyone know if that'll sound as good, or maybe too raspy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts