Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger on a ‘18 Elantra sport tech a few weeks a go! Patiently waiting for it’s arrival! Not an easy car to find in Iron Grey apparently. Arrival time keeps getting pushed back:S

Came from a ‘13 genesis sedan. Great car but to big for my daily driving needs now. I was looking at this and GTI, even though they aren’t direct competitors it was just hard to justify the cost difference. Especially with all the features in the Elantra. I was pleasantly surprised during the test drive so can’t wait to get my hands on it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats buddy 🤙 u will love it. Did you go with 6 MT. Or dct. ? And Just a heads up imo contact your dealer and tell them you Do Not want them to detail it upon arrival. Seriously bud mine was detailed before my arrival and during lot time. Week later after their wax job wss washed off i have swirl marks all over. And am pushing for a rebate now. .. u may be ok if ur dealer cares and has a pro with good gear but it happens alot. Lol my rant. Otherwise enjoy it when it does arrive. Its a wicked fun to drive multi tasking beast. The wifey drives slow n steady saving the fuel and i drive aggresive and spirited to burn what she saves 😎😄.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Venom88 Thanks for the heads up! I would not have known to check for that! I will double check to see what they are planning to do. I ended up with the DCT, my wife and I switch cars every so often and she has it in her head she doesn't want to learn stick lol Out of curiosity what do you tend to average MPG? I'm looking forward to better mileage either way coming from about 23-24MPG in my Genesis lol

They have me in a regular elantra loaner while I wait which has given me some time to get a feel for the infotainment which has been nice, seems pretty intuitive. It's not bad little car so it's got me excited to get into my sport!

·
Registered
91 Posts
sweet bud. Ya def check on that i didnt n im stuck with uglt hologram swirls. It varies. I havent clocked the km to L manually but the car is displaying on average 6.4-6.7. Sometimes im down to 5.9 depends how aggresive im driving. Thats. l/100 km. It took some adjusting to the dct. But i like it. Gives that jerkt standard feel without shifting hassle lol. If your loaner is a reg elantra then just wait till u switch to the sport lol power diff is real noticeable

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the 2018 Sport w/dct. I agree on the difference in noticeable power. When I turn traction control off, and turn on sport mode, big difference! I have commented before that some Of the reviews I read on 0-60 "mph", being high 6s or low 7s must be due to altitude or temp/humidity environmental variables... Up here in Maine, where its cooler on average more than other parts of the US, I get low 6s , and have also got a couple high 5s on a particularly cool/dry day. My gas mileage has also been way more than reported on the sticker... Getting 28.5 to 30 on just town driving, 33 combo town/highway, and 38.6 highway with cruise control at 75mph... These numbers are with sport mode off, but even with it on, I'm not getting a lot of decrease in those numbers... Hyundai definitely hit it out of the park for making a fun, fast, great handling car that doesn't kick you right in the wallet when its gas pump time... 🙂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.