Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Brand new to the forum. I've been lurking for quite a bit while shopping around for a replacement for my 2007 Azera. I finally leased a black base 2018 ES earlier this month and have put mostly local mileage on it so far. I went to the dealer to compare the VE, Limited and ES and was sold on the ES but not in black. I told the dealer to look for a silver for me and he came at me with an offer to cut me a check for $350 for a monthly unlimited car wash membership. I said "Thank you for the offer. How about you lower the price of the lease?" Needless to say, here I am with a black 2018 ES. :p

I got off to a rocky start with the car. On my third day with the ES I hit double pothole (10pm, dense fog, raining) and lost both my driver side tires. I had to get flatbedded to the dealership and wait 3 days for replacements to be shipped over. Needless to say, I got needled by the sale manager about it. I asked if I hold the record for quickest return to the dealership for service. Nope! Guy got t-boned pulling out of the same dealer with his brand new G80. Ouch!!!

It's been smooth sailing since then (knock on wood). The ES is my daily and commuter and I go local 2.2 miles each way (7-10 minutes). I probably rack up 15 miles a day, between work and the gym. I'm waiting for spring to go on any major road trips and really test the car. So far, so good! I love the car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.