Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I purchased my black, base 2018 ES with DCT last October. I wanted blue or white but the only colors the local dealers had were black, silver, and grey. The only thing I’ve done to the car is upgraded the door speakers and added a subwoofer. That stock system was horrid to my ears. I came from a Dodge Magnum r/t so I’ve had to get used to turbo lag and a stiffer ride. But nearly 10k miles into the car and I still look forward to every drive. I’m normally not one to join forums but there seems to be lots of friendly knowledge here so I’ll try it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Rockford Fosgate Prime R1s in the doors and a Jensen Dub12 sub. The Rockfords are great in mids and highs but lack a little low end. But they were cheap which the wife appreciated.

Edit: forgot the amps
I have a JBL GTX500 pushing the sub and a Kicker dx200.4 for the door speakers that I haven’t installed yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone! I purchased my black, base 2018 ES with DCT last October. I wanted blue or white but the only colors the local dealers had were black, silver, and grey. The only thing I’ve done to the car is upgraded the door speakers and added a subwoofer. That stock system was horrid to my ears. I came from a Dodge Magnum r/t so I’ve had to get used to turbo lag and a stiffer ride. But nearly 10k miles into the car and I still look forward to every drive. I’m normally not one to join forums but there seems to be lots of friendly knowledge here so I’ll try it out.
Welcome Jaybee. I too have a black ES and love it but like you HATE the base speakers. If you don't mind, what did you switch them to and what subwoofer? I have no idea how to do this myself but will need to look into getting this done. Its got to go!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ashnic83, I mentioned it above but I put Rockford Fosgate prime R1’s in the doors and a Jensen dub12 sub. My brother used to do car audio for a living and helped most with the sub and amp install. I bought all my stuff new on Crutchfield.com except my 4 channel amp. The door speakers are 6.5 so there’s tons of options out there from cheap to ridiculous. You will need adapters for each of the door speakers and putting in an amp is a hassle because there’s barely any room behind the head unit and the speaker wires are bunched together super tight. It was a major pain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ashnic83, I mentioned it above but I put Rockford Fosgate prime R1’s in the doors and a Jensen dub12 sub. My brother used to do car audio for a living and helped most with the sub and amp install. I bought all my stuff new on Crutchfield.com except my 4 channel amp. The door speakers are 6.5 so there’s tons of options out there from cheap to ridiculous. You will need adapters for each of the door speakers and putting in an amp is a hassle because there’s barely any room behind the head unit and the speaker wires are bunched together super tight. It was a major pain.
Well that sucks. I want it done so bad, because the speakers really are the worst. They aren't bad listening to SiriusXM but when I switch to the radio the sound is pathetic. Total bummer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that sucks. I want it done so bad, because the speakers really are the worst. They aren't bad listening to SiriusXM but when I switch to the radio the sound is pathetic. Total bummer.[/QUOTE]

If you are intimidated by the job call up Best Buy or and other car audio place and see how much they’d charge. It’s worth it in my opinion. And the door speakers aren’t terrible to do if you have real basic wiring know how and can work a screwdriver. The amp was the only difficult part I feel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well that sucks. I want it done so bad, because the speakers really are the worst. They aren't bad listening to SiriusXM but when I switch to the radio the sound is pathetic. Total bummer.
If you are intimidated by the job call up Best Buy or and other car audio place and see how much they’d charge. It’s worth it in my opinion. And the door speakers aren’t terrible to do if you have real basic wiring know how and can work a screwdriver. The amp was the only difficult part I feel.[/QUOTE]

Well I am a chick, dont know a thing about wiring but I can change my own oil!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.