Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Intercooler resonator delete with straight pipe is cheapest mod. Small increase in power.
For whatever reason Hyundai designed a resonator which creates turbulent flow in the air flow into the turbo.
You need a lift to do this

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't understand why they would put resistance in this pipe. Noise vibration seems to be a pretty big claim to gimp the engine efficiency.

It seems that for Hyundai's turbo engines everyone is replacing the resonator pipe. People are saying you get high RPM gains that is just barely noticeable. I've seen up to 20hp at the wheel claimed but based at looking at different forums it looks like 5-7hp gain is more realistic. Further, I have not seen a dyno comparison for the reso delete mod so I'm skeptical.

All that said, the part is something like $15-30 shipped so not like its that big of a deal if it does nothing.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I don't understand why they would put resistance in this pipe. Noise vibration seems to be a pretty big claim to gimp the engine efficiency.
It's a resonator to reduce noise. I work NVH for Nissan, this is most definitely an NVH issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Matt, I'm from Toronto of Ontraio too.
Hi,
I too live in Toronto and wonder how many Canadians have bought an ES. I looked hard at the Civic Touring model but felt the Elantra was more fun and spirited to drive. I've had it a month and so far it's been great, even with snow tires on. Poor windshield wipers was my only complaint. I've upgraded; and it's much better. I just don't see many ES on the road.
Avid

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi,
I too live in Toronto and wonder how many Canadians have bought an ES. I looked hard at the Civic Touring model but felt the Elantra was more fun and spirited to drive. I've had it a month and so far it's been great, even with snow tires on. Poor windshield wipers was my only complaint. I've upgraded; and it's much better. I just don't see many ES on the road.
Avid
Nice yeah I am not much of the fan of the stock wipers either! Mind sharing which brand worked out better? I was looking at Bosch or Rain-x brands here in the states

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi,
Avid
*waves* Also canuck, but out west in BC. Also one of, if not the first one in Canada ;) I'm also still rocking the factory wipers, and only now nearly two full winters later are they starting to streak every so slightly. YMMV?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.