Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my knowledge I should be switching to 5w 40 oil, I was thinking Pennzoil Platinum Euro, would that be the correct oil to use? I also plan to get the lap3 ECU Tune. Other than that I will be getting dual oil catch cans. Is there anything I need to watch out for with this engine? I have never had a turbod car before, is their any driving techniques I need to be aware of? It's the DCT version if that matters. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
That oil should be fine. Good plan on the catch cans. Aside from that, you should be pretty set. I'm at 44k with no issues so far and just installed my tune over the weekend.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The catchcans will "catch" all the crap that goes back into you engine, think of it as a more advanced PCV system. I have the one from SXTH element and not only does it work its well made and engineered too! Not sure where you live but if you live where it gets cold you'd be shocked at how much can drop into the can. Case in point, after 2 weeks of cold weather I'm at about 15-20% full! It looks like coffee and cream, usually followed by clumps of white too, imagine that stuff in your engine, I can't and now I don't have to worry about it either!

Reactions: nathan_2110
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.