Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll. New owner of a CPO 2018 Elantra Sport manual. I'm coming from a leased Infiniti Q50. I wanted something inexpensive, manual, and with a hint of fun. Figured I'd be getting a Civic SI, but found I actually prefer this little Hyundai. Plus the price made too much sense. I've owned a little of everything in the past, but this is my first Hyundai or KIA. I'm an automotive technician by trade, and have been recommending Hyundai for a couple years now. So now I'm practicing what I preach.
I didn't buy this car with plans to mod it, but.... I've tinted the windows, installed a K&N intake, and a Pierce axle-back exhaust. It's hilarious how aggressive the turbo noise is with just those minor bolt-ons. Most of my car money goes to my Jeep XJ Cherokee trail rig, but I'll probably mod this more in the future. I'm considering an oil catch-can, tune and aftermarket FMIC. The stuff getting put out by SXTH is very tempting.
I just wanted to join up here to see what experiences people are having with mods, and any specific problems to look out for.
One question I have is- has anybody with modded cars had issues with Hyundai warranty? The conditions pretty much state that any mods will void warranty claims, but of course that's at the discretion of the dealer service department. I'm considering just cancelling my warranty. I don't expect any real expensive problems with this car, and I can repair anything myself. Not so sure it's worth the cost for me.
Glad to be here :giggle:
7647E6EF-6DB8-4136-AAF3-24E8757386CF.JPG

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts