Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I recently purchased a 2018 Elantra sport 6MT, and I am really enjoying it so far. I’m 18 and this is the first car I’ve owned and want to modify it, but don’t really know where to start. It is 100% stock and my budget is also not that high.

I really like the stock exhaust sound, but want it to be a little louder. I still live with my parents so I’m not gonna go too crazy, but I want more volume and want to hear the little pops it makes sometimes more.

I was going to get the Jun bl axle-back, but it is $735 on Ebay at the moment. (If there is some way to get it cheaper pls lmk)
I am now looking at the Megan Racing axle-back, which is $365, but I have not seen any reviews or videos about it.

I also think I want an air intake system of some kind, but don’t really know what to look for. I really just want to hear cool turbo noises in the cabin, but idk if that is possible. I also don’t want to overwhelmed with intake noise.

I don’t want to make the car have any problems or any less reliable, but if there are other good bang for your buck parts I am open to anything.

Any help/comments/suggestions about anything mentioned are very appreciated!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I really like the stock exhaust sound, but want it to be a little louder. I still live with my parents so I’m not gonna go too crazy, but I want more volume and want to hear the little pops it makes sometimes more.
Resonator & 2nd cat delete might suffice.
I was going to get the Jun bl axle-back, but it is $735 on Ebay at the moment. (If there is some way to get it cheaper pls lmk)
I am now looking at the Megan Racing axle-back, which is $365, but I have not seen any reviews or videos about it.
Jun BL is the best system on the market IMO. Best tips, and they are adjustable. I was not aware that Megan Racing had a system of their own. Most go with Pierce Motorsport, SXTH Element, or have an exhaust shop build one.
also think I want an air intake system of some kind, but don’t really know what to look for. I really just want to hear cool turbo noises in the cabin, but idk if that is possible. I also don’t want to overwhelmed with intake noise.
Hard to go one way without going the other in these cars. Most open element intakes (no box) are fairly loud. Systems with a box tend to be fairly quiet.
I don’t want to make the car have any problems or any less reliable, but if there are other good bang for your buck parts I am open to anything.
Better tires, rear sway bar, short shifter and replace all of the shifter bushings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I recently purchased a 2018 Elantra sport 6MT, and I am really enjoying it so far. I’m 18 and this is the first car I’ve owned and want to modify it, but don’t really know where to start. It is 100% stock and my budget is also not that high.

I also think I want an air intake system of some kind, but don’t really know what to look for. I really just want to hear cool turbo noises in the cabin, but idk if that is possible. I also don’t want to overwhelmed with intake noise.

Hey man personally I would say start with getting rid of the spare tire and get a set of wheels and tires. Personally I work at discount tire so I get the luxury of 30% off per wheel and per tire but it’s made a huge difference in my performance by tenths of a second which is still really good! Using some crappy app and doing 0-60 times it says 5.95 but once I got two new sporty tires being the Continental CONTROL CONTACT SPORT SRS+ I’ve seen times from 5.7-5.8 depending on surfaces and what not. I also live in AZ and it’s been 100s so I limit myself to early mornings or late nights so I don’t fry the insides but tires will play a big factor especially when you find some goodies to make her a little quicker. I plan on buying this turbo from a buddy and the tires will do my wonders. Wheels anything under 19 pounds I’d say would help as you would lose at least 12 pounds if the OEM ones are 22 pounds each

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Hey man personally I would say start with getting rid of the spare tire and get a set of wheels and tires. Personally I work at discount tire so I get the luxury of 30% off per wheel and per tire but it’s made a huge difference in my performance by tenths of a second which is still really good! Using some crappy app and doing 0-60 times it says 5.95 but once I got two new sporty tires being the Continental CONTROL CONTACT SPORT SRS+ I’ve seen times from 5.7-5.8 depending on surfaces and what not. I also live in AZ and it’s been 100s so I limit myself to early mornings or late nights so I don’t fry the insides but tires will play a big factor especially when you find some goodies to make her a little quicker. I plan on buying this turbo from a buddy and the tires will do my wonders. Wheels anything under 19 pounds I’d say would help as you would lose at least 12 pounds if the OEM ones are 22 pounds each
OEM wheel is 25.6 lbs. Personally I'd rather have the spare in the trunk knowing I have it if I need it. It's not going to make that big of a difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I am planning on purchasing the shifter bushings and shifter cable bushings from sxth.

I see that they sell an intercooler resonator delete pipe, is that worth purchasing?

I think I am gonna hold off on any kind of air intake system.

I am still unsure what to do about the exhaust. I could save up for a couple months and purchase the Jun bl, but that is all I would do to the exhaust. Do you think it sounds good enough on it’s own to justify the price, or is there a better route to take?

Also do you have a rear sway bar recommendation?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Thanks for all the advice. I am planning on purchasing the shifter bushings and shifter cable bushings from sxth.
Make sure to get the bracket bushings from Boomba Racing too.
I see that they sell an intercooler resonator delete pipe, is that worth purchasing?
Just save for the full hot pipe.
I am still unsure what to do about the exhaust. I could save up for a couple months and purchase the Jun bl, but that is all I would do to the exhaust. Do you think it sounds good enough on it’s own to justify the price, or is there a better route to take?
It's the best axleback on the market IMO, but you're going to pay for it.
Also do you have a rear sway bar recommendation?
Any 19mm bar (stock Veloster N rear bar is popular) is good for stock tires. You can bump that up to 22mm if running stickier stock size tire or slightly wider (235). Avoid the 24mm Whiteline bar unless you have wide, sticky (200 treadwear or lower) tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again, thanks for the advice. This is my current list of things I am planning on purchasing soon:
-sxth shifter bushings and shifter cable bushings
-boomba racing hyundai/Kia transmission bracket bushings
-veloster n rear bar; I am having trouble finding this online if someone has a link or part number I can use to find the right thing

once I have saved enough, probably a couple months, I am planning on getting the sxth hot pipe upgrade and jun bl axle back, unless I see a good review about the Megan racing axle back first

then I will be looking for wheels and tires

Is there anything else I am missing or need to know?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I wanna say congrats on the new car buddy, Im glad you are enjoying it! I will be following the replies to this as well as I got mine not to long ago as well, I am going to exterior mods for my elantra as I live on a hill so lifting the car up to do other stuff tends to get a bit tricky but regarding exhaust I've seen a couple of clips on youtube with people just going custom with the exhaust to get more sound out of it. I think others have mentioned ones but here are links to it Pierce Exhuast, Sxth Element , and I happen to stumble upon this one but I can't speak for quality BTR Exhaust

Also Hello From NC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts