Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just finished up purchasing a 2017 ES 6MT in blue. I pick the car up Wednesday morning and new to the forum. Wanted something reliable, fun to drive, low cost of ownership and maintenance, but also something I would be proud to own.. Checked all the boxes with this car. Wednesday seems so far away.馃槣 I can't believe how nice this car is to look at. Im 44 years old and retired military serving our country in Panama, Germany, and Afghanistan. The mod list has already begun however at my juncture in my life the fast and furious days are over for me. I prefer quiet to loud popping noises but love power increases. Love the wheels and will probably never change them.. Wont lower the car either been there and done that. Maybe tuning intake ect.. Let me know if anyone has any advice for me. Thanks everyone from south Carolina.

Registered
Thanks for your service, and a lot of us are in the same boat. I got my ES 'sort of' new, and in my 40s.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your service, and a lot of us are in the same boat. I got my ES 'sort of' new, and in my 40s.
Ok, so im not alone, lol. This 17 manual has a whopping 7,600 miles so hopefully god willing ill have it forever and everyone will get to witness a tactfully done transformation. 10 minutes of research and im stoked to see SXTH is an 2hrs from me in Spartanburg S.C.

Registered
You're definitely not alone haha. I'm in my 40s and a veteran as well (mostly Middle East and Africa) and you have my thanks and a salute!

Congrats and welcome! Everything you said in your post
Wanted something reliable, fun to drive, low cost of ownership and maintenance, but also something I would be proud to own.. Checked all the boxes with this car.
Is spot on and is why I bought it as well. I've done no performance mods - just a couple of little cosmetic things.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
You're definitely not alone haha. I'm in my 40s and a veteran as well (mostly Middle East and Africa) and you have my thanks and a salute!

Congrats and welcome! Everything you said in your post

Is spot on and is why I bought it as well. I've done no performance mods - just a couple of little cosmetic things.
Roger that Brother. Thank you for your service as well. I see that we both have the same taste in color.. Fell in love with that blue.. Tbh these cars really look good in any color. Always liked the white but at our age a little tougher to keep looking crispy clean. Lol

Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT Electric Blue
thank you for your service OP

I have a blue manual 2018 that had 9k on the odometer in May 2019 CPO. great find that you have!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for your service OP

I have a blue manual 2018 that had 9k on the odometer in May 2019 CPO. great find that you have!
Thank you sir. I'll surely post some pics on Wednesday when I pick her up, and I figure out how lol..

Registered
Consider some kind of paint protection for the forward facing surfaces. My 60k mile '17's hood is peppered with chips that appear to go through the clear coat.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Consider some kind of paint protection for the forward facing surfaces. My 60k mile '17's hood is peppered with chips that appear to go through the clear coat.
Ok for sure, possibly a bug guard for the hood? I have noticed a few members with one,. Not sure if Im a fan or not as I couldn鈥檛 seem to find a pic straight on from the front, but thanks for the suggestion, seriously.

Registered
I'd go for paint protection film. I have it installed on the headlights as well.

Registered
Awesome and wouldn't even notice it was there... Sold.. Im sure tint shops or maybe paint specialty places for that or perhaps the dealer?
Most dealers outsource tint and PPF applications to a specialty shop. I'd search on yelp. I know it may be a bit costly, but it is totally worth it IMO.

Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
I second clear film protection. Had it on my car since day one. Bumper, headlamps, hood, the A pillars, leading edge of the roof and the mirrors.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I second clear film protection. Had it on my car since day one. Bumper, headlamps, hood, the A pillars, leading edge of the roof and the mirrors.
Not to pry, but could you give me an estimation of what the cost was for your application. Im a proactive type of person. Probably the result of the good ole' U.S army馃槃, but they did teach me to take care of the things that take care of you. I still circle the car before getting in lol. Wow...

Registered
Not sure if my information will help as it was done in Canadaland. Including the window tint (all windows), it set me back CAD $1200. Installation was done by renowned shop in Edmonton, AB. As far as I am concerned it already paid itself off.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure if my information will help as it was done in Canadaland. Including the window tint (all windows), it set me back CAD $1200. Installation was done by renowned shop in Edmonton, AB. As far as I am concerned it already paid itself off.
Roger that. Thanks for information and response. Will be starting my search for a reputable installation shop near me..

Registered
Correction: on my car front sections of the fenders were covered as well (as per my request). Where I used to live (Alberta, Canada), gravel is routinely used on the roads during the winter and it literally wreaks havoc on the front end of vehicles. Hence elaborate front end protection on my part.

Registered
FWIW mine was $1400 for tint and Xpel Ultimate PPF. Lifetime warranty on tint, 10 year warranty on PPF. It's been a couple of years now and both are still as good as new.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts