Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Just picked up my silver 2018 ES DCT a couple of days ago. I traded in my 2016 Elantra SE for it and holy **** what a difference. I didn't think the difference would be that drastic. Color me impressed.

Looking forward to modding it for sure!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Welcome!

Yes indeed this is a drastically more driver focused car from Hyundai, it's not just badges and a spoiler.

One of my favorite aspects is that it is such a dual nature car, fun to throw around and go hard if you want to, but smooth and very fuel efficient when you need it to be. A real sleeper.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Glad to hear that you like the new Elantra so much coming from an outgoing Elantra, but have you compared it to other new vehicles in the segment? It would be interesting to see how good the Elantra still is compared to it rivals coming from someone that has a history of owning one.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Glad to hear that you like the new Elantra so much coming from an outgoing Elantra, but have you compared it to other new vehicles in the segment? It would be interesting to see how good the Elantra still is compared to it rivals coming from someone that has a history of owning one.
Civic Si and Sentra Nismo are about it. Definitely better than the Nismo, Civic maybe has adjustable suspension and an LSD over us but we're not ugly so there's that. :p

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Civic Si and Sentra Nismo are about it. Definitely better than the Nismo, Civic maybe has adjustable suspension and an LSD over us but we're not ugly so there's that.
Agreed.

I’ve already had a few people ask me in the parking lot “that’s a Hyundai?” They really are starting to take people by surprise.

Great thing is the car makes me want to get out and just go for drives again, something I haven’t done since my 13 5.0 mustang days. Didn’t like driving my MD so much because while it was reliable, there was really nothing fun about it. Also, The exhaust, I cracked up when I found out it has a good little exhaust note on it instead of piping fake noises into the car. It’s a happy little car for sure.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Agreed.

I’ve already had a few people ask me in the parking lot “that’s a Hyundai?” They really are starting to take people by surprise.

Great thing is the car makes me want to get out and just go for drives again, something I haven’t done since my 13 5.0 mustang days. Didn’t like driving my MD so much because while it was reliable, there was really nothing fun about it. Also, The exhaust, I cracked up when I found out it has a good little exhaust note on it instead of piping fake noises into the car. It’s a happy little car for sure.
Same here, but I had an elantra touring. Great little car, absolutely perfect grocery getter/commuter. It was just so, blah, :(

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.