Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been reading for a few days now, but this is my first post. I'm taking ownership of a 2018 ES 6MT tomorrow. And already have a few things in mind, and would like some advise.

My goals: 200-210 WHP. power across the band.

Limitations: Only have access to 89 fuel. Want to keep it relatively quite, so would like to keep the OEM muffler. Safety and Longevity above all.

I would probably get an intake and the IC resonator delete pipe as the first mods. Would I need a dowpipe to hit my HP goal?

What should be next?

What are my tunning options? I've read about Tork, Lap3, SixthE. Can you provide Pros and Cons on these options?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You won't hit those numbers without a tune. The car will limit the power to around 190whp I believe without it. Lap3 would be my first choice for a tune, followed by BTR. Can't go wrong with either. SXTH no longer does remote tuning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply!!

LAP3 is a piggy back (chip) option right? Anyone else using it that cares to comment how that is better than a ECU reflash? And any other opinion on other options?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lap3 has both; a full ECU tune and they are in the process of releasing their Pro Tuner piggy back.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Thanks for your reply!!

LAP3 is a piggy back (chip) option right? Anyone else using it that cares to comment how that is better than a ECU reflash? And any other opinion on other options?
As stated above, Lap3 has both. The spare ECU is preferred if you intend on doing major upgrades down the road (turbo swap, etc). The Pro Tuner is great for getting the benefits of a tune on the stock turbo without it being detectable by the dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sxth Intake, resonator delete and PCV catchcan are arriving on Monday. Pierce catted downpipe is also in transit. I’ll see how those turn out and the figure out what’s next.
Again, I am limited by the local 89 octane fuel... 😢😢
Also, already went trough a full exahust WRX and for once I want to keep the ES stockish quiet.
Already got in touch with LAP3 and they say they can load an 89 octane map on their piggy back solution. So that might be my next play in a couple of months...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.