Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

This is my third Hyundai (Sonata Hybrid, Elantra Limited are the previous ones) and car number I have no idea but it's entirely too many. After having our first child I went into dad mode and gave up on having a sporty car that's fun to drive. Now that she's older and facing the more convenient way I've been slowly getting more and more of an itch to have some fun again. There was nothing wrong with my car (Ford Fusion with the 2.0 turbo as seen in the background), but it just didn't give me "the fizz" while driving. Enter Hyundai and their really crazy summer clearance action they have going on and the rest is history.

It's a 6 speed manual base, and I'm in love with it. I was in love with them when they announced the car and driving just further helped. The drive reminded me of my favorite car I've ever owned (2007 Honda Civic Si sedan). It's not the most powerful car I've ever owned (that goes to the Focus ST), but it more than gets by. Reviews said the car lacks character but it has the same energetic buzz about it that the Civic Si did and I've missed it ever since I got rid of the car years and years ago.

Anyways, I've been lurking and reading quite a bit which I'll keep doing for who knows how long as I have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It looks sharp in red. My wife and I are talking about starting a family and the Elantra Sport to me seems like it can serve both sensible baby hauler and be fun to drive and own.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice, I like the red.

You sound exactly like me. Had too many cars. Gave up on sporty, fun cars. Needed room for rear facing car seats....and then got curious when the car was announced last summer.

I traded a 14 Camry V6 because I couldn't stand the automatic transmission anymore. Despite it being fast as ****, faster than the Elantra, it didn't give me "the fizz" as you say.

Love my Elantra and I'm doing fine with two car seats in it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, I like the red.

You sound exactly like me. Had too many cars. Gave up on sporty, fun cars. Needed room for rear facing car seats....and then got curious when the car was announced last summer.

I traded a 14 Camry V6 because I couldn't stand the automatic transmission anymore. Despite it being fast as ****, faster than the Elantra, it didn't give me "the fizz" as you say.

Very cool! I actually thought about the Camry V6 since they are such a sleeper but decided on the tech the Fusion offered instead.

Are your car seats still reverse facing or are they flipped around now? I ask because we want to have another kiddo in a couple of years.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice, I like the red.

Very cool! I actually thought about the Camry V6 since they are such a sleeper but decided on the tech the Fusion offered instead.

Are your car seats still reverse facing or are they flipped around now? I ask because we want to have another kiddo in a couple of years.
They're forward facing now. Rear facing might be a little tight.

I prefer smaller cars, but got the Camry because we had rear facing seats.

When our youngest moved to forward facing, it was game on again for a manual transmission, and I checked out Civic, Jetta, Golf, Mazda3, and Elantra Sport.

I know everyone always says whatever car they chose "blows away" everything else... confirmation bias and all that....but the Elantra Sport, at the $18.5K that I paid, really, truthfully, objectively, blows away the $18.5K version of all of those cars.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I look forward to the release of a rear sway bar as I think it'll liven this car up quite a bit!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They're forward facing now. Rear facing might be a little tight.

I prefer smaller cars, but got the Camry because we had rear facing seats.

When our youngest moved to forward facing, it was game on again for a manual transmission, and I checked out Civic, Jetta, Golf, Mazda3, and Elantra Sport.

I know everyone always says whatever car they chose "blows away" everything else... confirmation bias and all that....but the Elantra Sport, at the $18.5K that I paid, really, truthfully, objectively, blows away the $18.5K version of all of those cars.
I agree. The only other car I was really considering was the Civic Si. I think it's likely the better car but I don't know if it's $7,000 better. The Hyundai discounts are ridiculous and that absolutely plays a part in my decision. Plus, looks-wise the Elantra blows it out of the water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts