Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cost like $500 at a super legit muffler shop to get done (which I still think was too much) but it came out perfect and sounds really nice so can鈥檛 complain I guess
Yeah you got robbed lol. Seen many do it for $250 or less...
Lol i could鈥檝e got it for $250 with no muffler and exhaust piping as tips but I didn鈥檛 want that and with no muffler it was too annoying for my 100 mile daily commute. My muffler, the tips and the y pipe split up cost about $250 But yeah the rest was labor, I live in Northern California where they add extra costs to everything 馃檮

Registered
Glad to see I am not the only one doing a 100 mile commute every day in their ES lol.

Love the spoiler. I have a galactic gray 2018 ES and planning on grabbing a gloss black trunk spoiler as well

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to see I am not the only one doing a 100 mile commute every day in their ES lol.

Love the spoiler. I have a galactic gray 2018 ES and planning on grabbing a gloss black trunk spoiler as well
Yup! Same color on my car. I have 31,000 miles in only a year and 1 month so far lol. Love the gas mileage. You should get the spoiler it fits perfectly and looks great on the car

Registered
Yup! Same color on my car. I have 31,000 miles in only a year and 1 month so far lol. Love the gas mileage. You should get the spoiler it fits perfectly and looks great on the car
~2k miles on mine

Just ordered the spoiler tonight! I just bought this car (had an 05 Mazda 3 as my first car, loved it, but graduated college in May and got a job so needed a reliable car, was fixing something different on the mazda every week). Luckily I am moving to about half a mile from where I work so my 700+ miles a week will end after this week. That being said I love commuting in this car. Heated seats, excellent climate controls, and endless fun.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
~2k miles on mine

Just ordered the spoiler tonight! I just bought this car (had an 05 Mazda 3 as my first car, loved it, but graduated college in May and got a job so needed a reliable car, was fixing something different on the mazda every week). Luckily I am moving to about half a mile from where I work so my 700+ miles a week will end after this week. That being said I love commuting in this car. Heated seats, excellent climate controls, and endless fun.
Nice! No more commute! Haha I鈥檓 still stuck with my commute like 2 more years until I finish college. My previous car was a g35 it was much more fun and faster than the Elantra but it was getting old it was an 04 and was expensive to fill up on premium only and a big tank and 20mpg. This car gets me 30mpg and much more practical with 4 doors. So far nothing has gone wrong with my car all simple maintenance. Just a couple of times where the dct transmission is laggy and jerky that kind of makes me wish I had a manual transmission again.... but I also love auto in traffic so I can鈥檛 win lol

Registered
Nice! No more commute! Haha I鈥檓 still stuck with my commute like 2 more years until I finish college. My previous car was a g35 it was much more fun and faster than the Elantra but it was getting old it was an 04 and was expensive to fill up on premium only and a big tank and 20mpg. This car gets me 30mpg and much more practical with 4 doors. So far nothing has gone wrong with my car all simple maintenance. Just a couple of times where the dct transmission is laggy and jerky that kind of makes me wish I had a manual transmission again.... but I also love auto in traffic so I can鈥檛 win lol
I am the same way, automatic is a necessity in traffic haha. The DCT has gotten laggy/jerky for me a few times but tbh I kind of just laugh when it happens. Its comical. Here you have this sporty-economical sedan that is from a company that before a few years ago (lets face it) was not even remotely cool, and theyre making ridiculously fun, reliable and practical cars all of a sudden. I kind of think of it as like a kid learning a manual in a fun car when it happens. Its a sportier car off an economical platform and the DCT is the 16 year old kid. Super eager and excited, just kind of like "what the f come on dad I want to go faster" as it can barely figure out which gear it should be in sometimes. Puts a smile on my face almost as much as the amount of torque steer in a mazdaspeed3.
That being said, when I pull with it on the highway or on corners...that thing shifts FAST and unbelievably smooth. It is traffic where it gets wonky. I bought this car for the long haul. I will keep it as long as it is under warranty (10yr 100k miles, and maybe even after then if it proves to stay reliable. My mom's 08 Sonata has 135k and has never had a single issue other than a recall). Realistically, I will get a summer/fun car in a few years (genny coupe???), this was just the perfect daily driver/commuter for someone who wants to get decent gas mileage but loves cars and needs something practical and reliable, but doesn't want to break the bank doing all that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am the same way, automatic is a necessity in traffic haha. The DCT has gotten laggy/jerky for me a few times but tbh I kind of just laugh when it happens. Its comical. Here you have this sporty-economical sedan that is from a company that before a few years ago (lets face it) was not even remotely cool, and theyre making ridiculously fun, reliable and practical cars all of a sudden. I kind of think of it as like a kid learning a manual in a fun car when it happens. Its a sportier car off an economical platform and the DCT is the 16 year old kid. Super eager and excited, just kind of like "what the f come on dad I want to go faster" as it can barely figure out which gear it should be in sometimes. Puts a smile on my face almost as much as the amount of torque steer in a mazdaspeed3.
That being said, when I pull with it on the highway or on corners...that thing shifts FAST and unbelievably smooth. It is traffic where it gets wonky. I bought this car for the long haul. I will keep it as long as it is under warranty (10yr 100k miles, and maybe even after then if it proves to stay reliable. My mom's 08 Sonata has 135k and has never had a single issue other than a recall). Realistically, I will get a summer/fun car in a few years (genny coupe???), this was just the perfect daily driver/commuter for someone who wants to get decent gas mileage but loves cars and needs something practical and reliable, but doesn't want to break the bank doing all that.
Your right the transmission is something to laugh at when in traffic but when you want to go fast and bring it up to redline it shifts quick and you barely feel a thing I love that. With all the driving I do I鈥檒l probably be out of warranty after 4 years of owning the car so I鈥檒l see how reliable it is once it gets to higher mileage. I was also looking at genesis coupes and sedans before getting my Elantra but it鈥檚 the most practical and fuel efficient for my commute and a 2.0T Genesis is just a horrible engine so never get one of those. Gotta get a V6 or V8! If it鈥檚 a genesis sedan. For the price I got my car for brand new there is NO other car that can come close to compete against it, because of all it鈥檚 upsides, like it鈥檚 fuel efficiency, and features, and decent power, there was no other clear option but the Elantra.

Registered
Your right the transmission is something to laugh at when in traffic but when you want to go fast and bring it up to redline it shifts quick and you barely feel a thing I love that. With all the driving I do I鈥檒l probably be out of warranty after 4 years of owning the car so I鈥檒l see how reliable it is once it gets to higher mileage. I was also looking at genesis coupes and sedans before getting my Elantra but it鈥檚 the most practical and fuel efficient for my commute and a 2.0T Genesis is just a horrible engine so never get one of those. Gotta get a V6 or V8! If it鈥檚 a genesis sedan. For the price I got my car for brand new there is NO other car that can come close to compete against it, because of all it鈥檚 upsides, like it鈥檚 fuel efficiency, and features, and decent power, there was no other clear option but the Elantra.
I absolutely agree with you. I drove mine in some decent snow today too and had good traction and no issues with aggressive snow tires.
You will have to give us a detailed 100k mile report when the time comes in terms of reliability and how it has held up. After-all it isn't like this car has been made for years and years so alot of us don't know too much what to expect (although if it is anything remotely close to modern hyundai reliability we are good to go for a long time). My buddy picked up a 2013 3.3 Genesis track edition a few months before I got my ES and he loves it, but he is kind of screwed bc his winter beater just died and no one in their right mind would drive a Genny in the winter. The first time he rode in my car and saw/heard/felt everything his words were "I f'ed up... I should've gotten one of these"... and he paid about the same as me after salestax and everything (a little less but still, mines new....)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I absolutely agree with you. I drove mine in some decent snow today too and had good traction and no issues with aggressive snow tires.
You will have to give us a detailed 100k mile report when the time comes in terms of reliability and how it has held up. After-all it isn't like this car has been made for years and years so alot of us don't know too much what to expect (although if it is anything remotely close to modern hyundai reliability we are good to go for a long time). My buddy picked up a 2013 3.3 Genesis track edition a few months before I got my ES and he loves it, but he is kind of screwed bc his winter beater just died and no one in their right mind would drive a Genny in the winter. The first time he rode in my car and saw/heard/felt everything his words were "I f'ed up... I should've gotten one of these"... and he paid about the same as me after salestax and everything (a little less but still, mines new....)
Yeah I Forsure will do that! give me like 2 more years and I will reach 100k haha I鈥檓 sure I鈥檓 one of the people on here with the most miles on their car. I鈥檝e never driven my car in the snow because I live in California but I thought it wouldn鈥檛 do good but I鈥檓 sure with proper tires you can do anything haha. Yes rwd sports car is all bad for winter time! Good thing all I get here is rain so I could be fine if I did get a genny! Maybe one day

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.