Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm fairly new here and only been an ES owner for a few months. I did search this site for these questions but didn't find any answers.

I've recently noticed that the steering wheel seems to be making a whirring noise when turning at low speeds. All drive modes have this noise. I'm assuming this has to do with the electronic steering feel adjuster. I have not noticed this before. Has anyone else experienced this issue? What was the problem and solution?

Also, at lower speeds, gently accelerating, I notice an odd noise that's hard to describe. It's not the higher pitch of the turbo and not the deeper exhaust note. I do not hear this under 50% or greater throttle. Is this the blow off of the turbo? Does it just continuously vent boost under partial acceleration?

Thank you for your help!

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
I've never heard that noise from my steering wheel.

For the second bit - The BOV shouldn't be opening unless you back off the throttle, and if it's the stock BOV that is still venting to the intake you shouldn't hear it at all. I have no idea what noise you're hearing though so I can't comment further on what it might be.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
There's a recall for a steering shaft gear or something. I'd look into that.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
4 Posts
1st question - replace mdps
2nd question - not sure, need video. I'm gonna take a wild guess, check if your air filter is installed properly or if there's any loose connections on the intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts