Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Saying hello from far-east Canadia.
I've been enjoying this forum and its' helpful insights since I started the search for a compact car these last two weeks.
I recently wrote-off a reliable 2002 Civic coupe and I'm already tired of putting gas in my Ram as a daily driver.
While I've yet to test drive an ES, I did get to sit in a sold unit last week and found it more comfortable and less garish than the Civic hatch sport turbo I tested just prior. The Civic was a nice ride but the rev-hang at high rpm shifts was unbearable.
I have a good rapport with my local Hyundai dealer( bought 2 Santa Fe's there in the past) and they've promised to lend me the keys when they receive their next base manual ES. I'm looking forward to it after reading your experiences. Will keep you posted and offer my own take when I get one on the road. Cheers!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome

HI. Yes most of the folks here are pretty great. When differences of opinion arise the situation normally goes into live and let live mode. Hope you enjoy your test ride when the time comes. I had the same issue. Had a old Elantra that was going to be to much to keep on the road, (was a great car), just I was not good to it. So started driving my tacoma as a day to day and it got expensive fast. 100$ a month more for fuel. What part of Eastern Canada are you from? I am on the NB/NS boarder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts