Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased these wheels in bronze. Was afraid to get a 8.5 with a 35mm offset. Rim shop guy told me they would tuck in. He assured me they would not poke out. Guess we'll see in a couple days when they come in.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Just purchased these wheels in bronze. Was afraid to get a 8.5 with a 35mm offset. Rim shop guy told me they would tuck in. He assured me they would not poke out. Guess we'll see in a couple days when they come in.
They will poke, a lot. Rim shop guy doesn't know the specs on the car, not sure how he can say that. 18x8 +45 is flush, another half inch on the width and -10 on the offset and it will poke almost a full inch.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They will poke, a lot. Rim shop guy doesn't know the specs on the car, not sure how he can say that. 18x8 +45 is flush, another half inch on the width and -10 on the offset and it will poke almost a full inch.

Glad you posted about the 18 x 8 +45 because I believe that's the offset of Konig's Ultraform and Oversteers, 2 wheels on my radar:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I told him they would poke but he insisted. He also has been in business for like 25 years and all he does is wheels. He would know more then me. He also showed me that our fenders are already rolled from the factory and said they would tuck right in. They should be in any day now.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I told him they would poke but he insisted. He also has been in business for like 25 years and all he does is wheels. He would know more then me. He also showed me that our fenders are already rolled from the factory and said they would tuck right in. They should be in any day now.
The car has been out for almost 3 years now. Between that and me running a facebook group with over 2,200 members, I've seen what will and will not work. They will poke, guaranteed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They poke I will not take them. I almost went with a 18 x 8 42mm but he told me the 19s would fit and I liked them better.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why can't I see the wheel pics:confused:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts