Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok every other car ive owned has an obvious point in the middle center of the front to use a jack on i dont see one on the es. everyt time ive had to jack it up to do something ive used one of the side jack points. how do we jack up the front in the center? stupid design.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
every car that ive owned in my life (hondas and toyotas) has been fwd and they all had a point in the center front to jack the car up. wat a pain in the @ss the es is. how are we suppose to jack up the front then?

·
Super Moderator
1,213 Posts
I've owned almost exclusively FWD vehicles since around 1985 or so - not a one has ever had a jackpoint in the front. You use the jack points on pinch welds.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah I don't remember the last FWD car I owned that had a center jack point either and I've owned a few.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
hmm so how are we suppose to jack up the front?
Jack points on the pinch weld, one side at a time. I would get something that works with a regular jack though that cups the pinch weld to avoid damaging it.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
where is the pinch weld? somewhere under the bottom plastic cover?
It's the vertical flat piece of metal that runs along the sides of the car. Usually has a couple small cutouts to indicate where you should jack up the car. Looks like this: (shown with protector so you don't damage it with the jack)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok all ive seen and used were the little welds on the sides that are a few inches long. i dont see the long metal

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah thats what im referring to. so how do you jack that up and get a jack stand under it at the sane time??

·
Super Moderator
1,213 Posts
Jack it up at the narrower cutout on the left hand side of that picture. It helps to angle the jack away from the larger cutout portion. Once it's in the air you should be able to fit a jackstand in. I haven't had any issues with that yet.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats so retarded. with all the acuras i had owned it had a weld in the front to jack it up to just slide the stands in on the sides.

·
Super Moderator
1,213 Posts
Every car I've owned over the last 15 years has been like this. 2 other Hyundais, a 2003 Honda Civic, and a 2012 Mini base.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
not me every car ive owned had a spot in the front to jack it up for some reason-- 2006 rsx 1990crx 1998 civic 2000 civic 2001 integra 2013 mazda 2.

·
Super Moderator
1,213 Posts
The CRX? If you could a jack far enough under it... sure. You could actually do the same with the K frame on the ES if you could get a jack that far under the car...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah. and the rsx had like a little semi rectangular weld right in the front to jack it up. it was so much easier.

·
Registered
229 Posts
We don't need a low-profile jack do we? Stock low isn't too low?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts