Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok every other car ive owned has an obvious point in the middle center of the front to use a jack on i dont see one on the es. everyt time ive had to jack it up to do something ive used one of the side jack points. how do we jack up the front in the center? stupid design.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
every car that ive owned in my life (hondas and toyotas) has been fwd and they all had a point in the center front to jack the car up. wat a pain in the @ss the es is. how are we suppose to jack up the front then?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
where is the pinch weld? somewhere under the bottom plastic cover?
It's the vertical flat piece of metal that runs along the sides of the car. Usually has a couple small cutouts to indicate where you should jack up the car. Looks like this: (shown with protector so you don't damage it with the jack)

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Jack it up at the narrower cutout on the left hand side of that picture. It helps to angle the jack away from the larger cutout portion. Once it's in the air you should be able to fit a jackstand in. I haven't had any issues with that yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.