Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what might be wrong with our car? It’s a 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT NLine with only 14K miles on it. There's no check engine lights on. The hyundai service department told us to "put premium gas in it and keep it in sport". It’s fine for the first 20 mins of a drive and then starts doing this:

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts
Sounds like an exhaust leak, but that can't be right. Take it somewhere else for diagnosis and then take that diagnosis back to your dealership.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Sounds like it's not running on all 4 to me, but that would definitely throw a light.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would find another dealer. My (un)professional opinion is it sounds like dogshit. Is it down on power in that second video?

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport
8 Posts
It's hard to tell based on just these videos. If the engine appears to be running fine (i.e. not hesitating, stuttering) and there's no check engine light, maybe this is a failed timing chain tensioner. It would be extremely rare for an engine with low mileage though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, that car would be living at the dealership until they figured that out.. did I mention I'd be in a loaner with a fuel card.. no way I'd let them pull this crap

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know what might be wrong with our car? It’s a 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT NLine with only 14K miles on it. There's no check engine lights on. The hyundai service department told us to "put premium gas in it and keep it in sport". It’s fine for the first 20 mins of a drive and then starts doing this:

Did the dealer run a diagnostic check? If something's amiss, a code should appear.

·
Registered
1 Posts

dEDDiBkkDb6kd84_MlKFp_nzCCRqnL/view?usp=sharing[/URL]
If its down power.....it might be the intercooler resonator just off of the engine. Its under the front of the car just passed the front wheels (kinda of front/middle of the car. I did a delete on mine and it popped off while on the highway. Lost power and sounded like shit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a former Asst Svc Manager (Porsche/Audi/Chevrolet) they should be fixing this but best call Hyundai Customer Service and open a case with them and then send them the links to videos. They will contact Dealer Service Director/Manager and tell them to handle it as that could be damaging the engine. They should also supply a rental although gas would be your cost.

All Manufacturers also have Area Service Managers that cases are escalated to and difficult cases are also escalated too if dealer cannot diagnose

Sounds like a shit dealer as just came from my 1st visit for 30k svc (I did just oil, filer & brake fluid - did my own HVAC filter and have a dropin air filter) and they were doing the rental thing for a young girl who they couldnt diagnose that day

·
Registered
12 Posts
It sound like the high pressure fuel pump it is rattle at low RPM. On DGI the low part on the engine usually it is the high pressure fuel pump. Something it is mechanical not right. Definitely I will be escalating that with Hyundai of America. Remember dealership are individualy owned and just represent the manufacturing. If you're not satisfied with a dealership go to another one that is not the same chain. But for sure file a complaint with Hyundai of America, they are pretty good solving issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts