Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today I was installing dashcam on my wife's mazda cx-7. I just noticed the car has the word "SRS Airbag" on the side curtain area to state it has side curtain airbag, and I do remember my old 2007 civic si has those same "SRS Airbag" word on both the side curtain area. I just looked at my elantra sport and there are no such word on either side, official site stated it does have side curtain airbag, is this normal?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Go to https://www.hyundaiusa.com/elantra/specifications.aspx and look under Safety. You'll see that all Elantras have

Dual front airbags
Driver and front passenger side-impact airbags
Side-curtain airbags for front and rear passengers
Driver's knee airbag

The word "airbag" is on the top of the b pillar for the side curtain airbags.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to https://www.hyundaiusa.com/elantra/specifications.aspx and look under Safety. You'll see that all Elantras have

Dual front airbags
Driver and front passenger side-impact airbags
Side-curtain airbags for front and rear passengers
Driver's knee airbag

The word "airbag" is on the top of the b pillar for the side curtain airbags.
ya I read the site, but I don't see the word "airbag" on the b piller on my car. does your car have that word on both side? mind you, my is the Canadian version but it is suppose to have side curtain stated on the website.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ya I read the site, but I don't see the word "airbag" on the b piller on my car. does your car have that word on both side? mind you, my is the Canadian version but it is suppose to have side curtain stated on the website.
Yes, mine has the word "AIRBAG" on both the left and right B pillar near the top.

This is from Hyundai Canada's website:

It states it has the same seven airbags as well. I know us folks here in the USA don't get the orange and yellow paint, as well as the heated steering wheel. Neither Canada or USA gets the red interior that you can get in Australia with what they call the Elantra SR.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Based on everyone saying the wording is on the b-pillar and the image posted that doesn't show airbags in the a-pillars, I'd say the side curtain bags do not include the a-pillars.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Based on everyone saying the wording is on the b-pillar and the image posted that doesn't show airbags in the a-pillars, I'd say the side curtain bags do not include the a-pillars.
I don't see anything on either side of the roof/pillar area. idk, the only airbag tag I see was the steering wheel, passenger side, and both front seat on the side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.