Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was parked at a store parking lot and decided to clean the windshield, so I activated the wash lever.
I heard the pump come on but no wash sprayed onto the windshield. Upon further investigation, I opened the hood to find that just under the passenger side fender bolt on, the hose had dislodged itself from the plastic fitting.
I put it back on but as soon as I activated the lever from inside of the car, it came loose again.
When I got home I had to clamp a cable tie onto the hose/fitting!
Come on Hyundai!! You gotta get better at the small stuff!

I hope this can help someone who might be stuck in a snowstorm on the side of the road because they can't get their windshield wash to work!
Just venting.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It's probably popping off because the hose is clogged. You are the first person in 4 years I have seen mention that issue.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport Manual
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clogged?? it has 8k on it!? I've filled it three times this winter. The hose is just too large for the fitting or there should've been a a clamp there in the first place!
Sorry man i'm not a hater but this should just NOT happen!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It doesn't, until now apparently. Again, first time I have seen it in 4 years. I have pulled mine apart like 10 times to remove the cowl cover and it still doesn't pop off.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
307 Posts
The windshield washer liquid could be at fault and is gelling. How cold is it? If below freezing, leave the car in the garage overnight and see if the problem is reoccurring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts