Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Georgia and recently bought a 17 ES with Premium package. Does anyone have an idea what percent of Elantras are Sport. Also what the split is between manual . automatic , premium package and not. I know this may be hard information to get but I am just curious because there are so few around

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had heard it was approx. 10% of all Elantras are Sport models (I forgot where I read this). No idea about how many of those are manual transmission, but I wouldn't be surprised if only 10% of Sport models were MT.

I know Audi and AMG used to provide mfg numbers and color breakdown, but I never looked into whether Hyundai does this or not...

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I've contact Hyundai for production numbers a few times and keep getting turned away.

I'm guessing my '17 6MT no sunroof car is probably fairly rare considering that '17 was a short production year, but I have no idea until they give those numbers up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are the Elantra Sport 6MTs are holding their values better than the DCTs? I seem to find more DCTs than 6MTs when perusing Autotrader and even Carmax

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in Georgia and recently bought a 17 ES with Premium package. Does anyone have an idea what percent of Elantras are Sport. Also what the split is between manual . automatic , premium package and not. I know this may be hard information to get but I am just curious because there are so few around
sell immediately, 78 thousand miles transmission failure, 2.5.7 did not exist. 112,000 engine failure, third cylinder stopped working, to replace the engine at its own cost

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
sell immediately, 78 thousand miles transmission failure, 2.5.7 did not exist. 112,000 engine failure, third cylinder stopped working, to replace the engine at its own cost
So did you just sign up to this forum to be one of "those guys" that trolls manufacture facebook pages to warn people about buying cars from them because you had issues? Because those people are fairly annoying.

·
Registered
2020 ES/DCT
27 Posts
It's just not logical to write off a car due to one persons bad experience.
That same DCT has been and is still used in like half of Kia's and Hyundai's lineup
That same motor has been used in multiple vehicles for almost 10 years
If both of those issues were really that wide spread we would see many complaints from every Veloster owners, Veloster Turbo owners, Elantra Sport owners, Tucsan owners, Sonata owners, Kia Soul owners, and more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So did you just sign up to this forum to be one of "those guys" that trolls manufacture facebook pages to warn people about buying cars from them because you had issues? Because those people are fairly annoying.
He is actually in the market to buy one...hence the sell immediately post 😂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts