Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've seen a couple ES' around the web and noticed that some of them have what appears to be a rear foglight, am I seeing that right? If so, has anyone done this mod to their ride yet? Also, if you have, how much was the part and is there a switch for it to make it look OEM inside the car?

Thanks inadvance:cool:

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
I think this foglight is only available in Malaysian market. They are not present in the KDM nor Australian versions of ES. Post information if you find anything.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Yes, Malaysian market only. Super hard to acquire, seen a few people try. Good luck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would be cool as **** if we could get a vendor to get involved here (hint, hint):p

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
I have contacted couple of online stores from Malaysia, as this option was only available in that market. Without local chassis number, it is impossible to purchase the part due to spare parts restriction (local law). Now, this mod can be easily reproduced with an aftermarket LED rear fog lamp, 3D printer (anyone here with a 3D printer and willing to help??? :D), new (or used) multifunction switch and some inexpensive electronic parts (10K resistor, diode, relay and a transistor).

I have acquired 2nd hand (paid CAD $28 + shipping) multifunction switch from Elantra AD - the switch is shorting to ground with 0.9K resistance. This signal is then sent to BCM for processing. It is easy to bypass the BCM completely with a simple circuit (credit and big THANKS to AUTOSPARK from Hyundai Forums) and running front/rear fogs manually. Relay power is taken from the headlamps fuse, as rear fog should only be possible to activate with the lights on. The only thing missing will be lack of indicator lamp on the instrument cluster. I am going to use it to run rear fog only.

This solution will also allow non-Sport Elantra owners to add OE front fog lamps.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts