Elantra Sport Forum banner

Oil Change

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Redeemed 
#1 ·
I bought a 2018 Sport in June of '18. I went to the dealership to get an oil change around the 6 month mark. I was told I only had 700 miles and didn't need it. So, I went back today as I was approaching the 12 month mark and have 1,800 miles. The Service Dept told me again, I don't need an oil change. They stated Hyundai is more concerned with the miles than the time. He said I still had up to 3,600 miles before I needed to get one.

I mentioned I was concerned about what the manual said and not being covered for potential warranty repairs if I didn't meet the 12 month mark. He tried to assure me that it would be no problem. I guess I could call Hyundai and tell them my concerns but not sure what to do.

#3 ·
Go to another dealer if possible. If not possible, you can always do it yourself. They cannot deny you warrany claims if you change your own oil. Just make sure to keep receipts and use an OEM filter. 5w40 preferred.

It's always best to get rid of the original oil ASAP after the break-in period is over. I would never go 5k miles on the original oil.

#4 ·
Found another dealer a little farther away. They told me that I have up to 3,000 miles only since it is a turbo. They also said they would have done it at 6 months. I only have 1,800 miles but would have preferred to have done it at 700 miles months ago. They also said Hyundai wouldn't have a problem if it sat for awhile and got up to 3,000 miles but I am not willing to ever go over 6 months and at the very least, 12 months. I will not be going to the closer dealership ever again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.