Elantra Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had an ‘05 Dodge Magnum r/t with 190k miles and a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 with 60k miles. Traded the Dodge in and the Nissan got totaled. I miss the Dodge’s space and power. Miss the Nissan’s gas mileage (high 30’s highway). Purchased a 2018 ES DCT base. Got a car that was between them in mpg and power. Sometimes a compromise turns out great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2015 Nissan Juke Nismo RS

Things I miss: Recaro Seats. Stereo was better than the ES. AWD. Handling feedback. A little more unique.

Overall there are way more positives in the ES and I'm much happier now.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
2015 Nissan Juke Nismo RS

Things I miss: Recaro Seats. Stereo was better than the ES. AWD. Handling feedback. A little more unique.

Overall there are way more positives in the ES and I'm much happier now.
Jukes are quirky but nice! I'm digging the rims you had on them!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Jukes are quirky but nice! I'm digging the rims you had on them!
Thanks! They were cheap, but they've held up well. Basically hand-me-down rims as they were on the Veloster Turbo first, then the Juke, and soon the ES.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just traded a 2012 Chevy Sonic LTZ hatchback turbo, Orange, 6-speed. 72k miles. I won't ever buy a Chevy. Said it should get 29-40 mpg. Nope got 28-29 avg and if I was all highway I just touched 31mpg. Didn't matter how I drove it. Had issues with suspension alignment, airbag light, check engine for evap leak that no one could figure out. Power was inconsistent. I even drove a new one just after I bought it and it was the same. Buying a 2018 Elantra Sport was my first brand new car. I've always bought 2-3yr old.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe 2.0 Turbo. It was a lease so not to many mods. I will say that the ES is FAR superior to the Cadi. Out handles out performs, and the Cadillac had 74 more horsesi even the radio and bluetooth work better for half what that Cadillac cost. I am now a true Hyundai believer.

·
Registered
286 Posts
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe 2.0 Turbo. It was a lease so not to many mods. I will say that the ES is FAR superior to the Cadi. Out handles out performs, and the Cadillac had 74 more horsesi even the radio and bluetooth work better for half what that Cadillac cost. I am now a true Hyundai believer.
My mom had a 2016 Cadillac XTS. She HATED the “infotainment” center and the use of capacitive buttons in place of actual ones.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe 2.0 Turbo. It was a lease so not to many mods. I will say that the ES is FAR superior to the Cadi. Out handles out performs, and the Cadillac had 74 more horses even the radio and bluetooth work better for half what that Cadillac cost. I am now a true Hyundai believer.
My mom had a 2016 Cadillac XTS. She HATED the “infotainment” center and the use of capacitive buttons in place of actual ones.
Yeah that was called the CUE system and I had a total of two replaced because they would freeze up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went from a 2017 hyundai elantra se to A 2018 ES. I wrecked the hyundai elantra SE. I was honestly just looking to get into something a little nicer and I test drove the ES and fell in love.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Traded in my first car, a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE. That thing was like a living room on wheels with just the right amount of power. Good memories. The ES handles way cleaner though with that independent rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Traded my 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT for a 2018 ES with a DCT. Night and day difference between the two. The ES feels easily as quick as the Infiniti and way nicer on the inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I traded in my 2012 Elantra Limited for my 2018 ES. The 2012 had 170k miles and needed a new engine. I was told they found a "Good Used" engine that had 80k miles on it. I said no thanks, time for a trade in. Got mine from the same dealership but different salesperson.
Just to clarify, the 2012 was a great car but with the work I did just wasn't very friendly to cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Upgraded from a Mazda 3 SP23. think u guys call them something different over there. It's basically the sport version with the 2.3 litre engine.
Traded in my 2008 mazda 3 gt. I actually miss the handling characteristics of it. I would have kept it if the rust over the rear frame wasn't so bad and the compressor and condenser didn't kick out.

This was it the day I sold it.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Traded in a 2017 Tacoma TRD OffRoad. Just couldnt get into the truck, it drove like crap. Had a Focus RS before that, but that was way too high maintenance. The ES is just a fun point A-B car for me now.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts