Elantra Sport Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I traded in a 2014 Ford Focus, that was plagued with major issues with the DCT in that car. Trading up into the ES has been one of the best decisions I've made I'm loving the car so far!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I came from a 2013 Acura ILX 2.0 Tech Pack. I had previously upgraded from a 2006.5 Scion xB which was such a fun toy. The scion I had put TRD shocks and springs on it, went from 15s to 17s back to 15s with super sticky tires. Full sound system upgrade. The Acura remained mostly stock for the 2.5 years I owned it. It was just too slow and sloppy for me. Have had the ES Base '18 for about a month now. Stock. Love it. Plan to do the stereo first. Then go from there! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Traded a 2011 Santa Fe which I bought new. It had just 47,000km on it when I traded it. My reason for getting something like the ES is the desire to get out of the house more and actually want to drive. It’s working so far. No question, I’ll miss AWD a few times a year, and the ground clearance too, but totally worth it to get a drivers car. The ES feels like it has a soul. I won’t miss the dreadful fuel consumption or the bi-annual brake replacement necessary with the Santa Fe.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Hyundai Gen Coupe

Traded a 2103 Gen Coupe 2.0t that unfortunately had broken welds around the passenger fender area that I didn't feel good about and make loud creaking noises. Great car beyond that.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I traded my daughter's 2014 Mini Cooper hardtop S for the 2020 Blue Hyundai ES. Performance, they accelerate about the same, but the ES is so much more comfortable and has more room, and a spare tire, and Apple CarPlay, and uses regular gas instead of premium, and..... She loves her new car.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
68 Posts
2010 mazda 3 with the 2.5 litre. It was a good car, but with 218,000 km on her, she wasn't very reliable anymore.

·
Registered
2020 ES/DCT
27 Posts
I wrecked my 2013 Elantra Coupe, had 130k on it, only issue was a worn syncro

·
Registered
105 Posts
I didn't trade it in, but my ES replaced a 2009 Corolla XRS 5 speed that had been with me since 08. While my ES was used CPO, I 'bought' the Corolla new. It now resides with a friend of a friend not far from the factory where it was built (Plant that now builds Models 3, X, Y and S).

61 - 69 of 69 Posts